Kef Q5 speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I am thinking of chaninging these floor standers to bookshlf speakers due to space restrictions. Current setup is Arcan A85 +P85 Bi-amped to the Q5's with a Arcam CD72T CDP. Any suggestions as to what would pair well with this setup? I see the ATC SCM11's get a great review, but are there any others that I shoul dbe considering / looking at.

Thanks

Nick

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If you like the Q5, you should get on well with the outgoing iQ10 or iQ30's. These will work well close to a wall. Alternatively, the SCM7's or SCM11's will also work close to a wall, as will the Spendor S3/5r's.

A

Anonymous

Hi David, thanks for the reply. To be honest I have been a little disappointed with the Q5's, and did listen to some other floor standers last year, but now the space issue has come up I think stand mounts would suit better. Would it also be worthwhile my considering changing the amps for a higher end integrated? FMJ A38?

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
NBARNETT1971:Hi David, thanks for the reply. To be honest I have been a little disappointed with the Q5's, and did listen to some other floor standers last year, but now the space issue has come up I think stand mounts would suit better. Would it also be worthwhile my considering changing the amps for a higher end integrated? FMJ A38?

I'd stick with the amps you have, perfectly capable of driving most things well - you might find the FMJ integrated a step back... We used to pair up with Arcam a lot due to shared distribution and the A85 was very nice, powered our fairly difficult AE1 classics with no problems.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
As Jim has mentioned - they're good enough
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the responses. As a background this is my first seperate hifi system and was a vast improvement from my Technics mini system, but have always felt that something was lacking/missing in this setup. If you had my kit, and assuming the amps would stay, what would you change, if anything, and what to. Will I get better sound from the upgraded standmount speakers as apposed to the current Q5 floor standers or would also a change in CDP also be appropriate/beneficial. Is chnaging from floor standers to standmounts a good option or should I just stick it out as is.

thanks in advance for your thoughts

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts