Kef LS50 limited edition?

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I read somewhere that Kef were only manufacturing 500 LS50’s as a limited edition anniversary model. Yet trawling various forums etc there seems to be no shortage of owners and likewise checking out online hifi dealers and local hifi stores there appears to be no shortage of supply. Is high end hifi really such a niche market? Worldwide 500 units does not seem that much a supply.

I was thinking in a year or two I might look to getting a pair of LS50’s. Then again will this even be possible? Any thoughts? Thanks.

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
There was a limited run of models marked as "50th Anniversary", all models produced later say "Uni-Q Driver Array". Other than that text they are identical. I am guessing Kef continued to manufacture after they proved popular, just a guess on that though.

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I'd say you're right. 500 worldwide seems too few. How do you find them? I heard they're a bit flat at low volumes which could make them a no no for me. Definately intend to home demo some time though. Thanks.

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I love them, they create a big soundstage, lots of detail and are quite neutral in terms of character. They do benefit from a powerful amp behind them. Other speakers can often try too hard to make music exciting instead of just reproducing it naturally.

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
wilro15 said:
I love them, they create a big soundstage, lots of detail and are quite neutral in terms of character. They do benefit from a powerful amp behind them. Other speakers can often try too hard to make music exciting instead of just reproducing it naturally.

Great desciption,spot on. In total ageement. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts