Kef IQ5SE @ £299 or B&W 685 @ £370

A

Anonymous

I have an original Audiolab with 60 watts and the Marantz Cd600KI and the bass is amazing from the 685's on Soundstyle stands (Sand Filled) sitting on granite bases (£10 from Tesco). The speakers were quite bright when first connected and I was a bit disappointed comparing them to the Quad 22L2 floorstanders. After a week of running in they started to mellow and I was very pleased with them.

I was curious about all the hype about the Marantz CD6002 so I bought a second hand one to compare to my 600Ki. Well It is quite amazing how much more bass the 6002 puts out all very controlled and tight. I did find the 6002 a little brighter and more forward than the 6000KI which was a little uncomfortable compared to my KI. I swapped the silver interconnects a couple of times and settled on a pair of Atlas Equator interconnects which seemed to take the slight edge off the treble. I then put some acoustic rubber feet under the 6002 and a heavy glass worktop saver on the top of the player. I have to say that this player is better than the 600KI with amazing detail soundstage and bass. The treble has also softened and I am very pleased with the system and the 685's go very low and loud!!!.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts