KEF 3005SE or B&W MT-30 ? and which AV-receiver?

MilanTodorovich

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi people! I'm writing from Russia-Moscow so don't kill me for my english;)

I want to build a home theater, already there is sony 40inches LCD, room is about 20 square meters (4x5), I plan to watch HD quality movies streamed from NAS, and listen a little bit of rock-pop-jazz music)

the room is not so big and there isn't a plenty of space so i am choosing from kef or b&w...

and which reciever from these should i buy? :)

Denon AVR-3310

Onkyo NR-708

Yamaha RX-V2065

Pioneer VSX-LX52 ??

thanks

A

Anonymous

I think all of these would be a little over kill for the Kef's but not for the B&W's.

You should be able to get a god deal on any of the outgoing models (all except the Onkyo), I would suggest you go for a listen.

If it was me, it would be the 3310 or an Onkyo 808.

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Had a demo of both the KEF3005SE's and the MT-30

Personally preferred the B&W's. More depth and impact. The demo of the opening sequence of the 'Quantum of Solace' James Bond movie was awesome.

With regards AV receiver I'd suggest you look at amp's that supports HDMI 1.4a e.g. Denon 1911, Onkyo 608 etc for a bit of future proofing

D

Deleted member 2457

I have heard and like the B&W MT30 speaker package with the pioneer vsx-lx52, that would be my route
emotion-21.gif

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Milan,

I would go for the B&W MT-30. That PV1 subwoofer is a killer.

Do consider a Denon AVR-2310 for your set-up which I think would fit very nicely.

Roland

P/S : Your English is fine, btw!

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Yep, from demos the KEF's aren't very good for music, but I also found the MT-30 a bit strained at the top end, though in general they were very good.

Are there any other style speakers brands available to you where you are, monitor audio for example? Might be worth considering all options if you can.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
kinda:

I also found the MT-30 a bit strained at the top end,

...Which may have been a symptom of the amp that was driving them. No such issues to report with my MT-30 being driven by my TX-SR875.

MilanTodorovich

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks people for opinions!

Finally I think I'll go for Onkyo NR-708 combined with B&W

And the last question - are the cables used for connecting acoustics so important? What can you suggest? thnks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:

Big Chris,

That is a very nice amp indeed!

Ronald

Cheers Ron.

I'm happy with it. It's a bit old in A/V terms now, but I won't replace it until it goes bang.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Big Chris,

The 875 is even today, a very good amp. I have always loved the big, bold and muscular amps from Onkyo and would eventually be getting an 875 myself.

The Denon's and Yamaha's just don't do it for me.

Ronald

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts