Kef 3005se for only £683.23

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have just purchased the kef 3005se from pixmania.com for less than £700 delivered

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/8281139/art/kef-audio/kht3005se-5-1ch-home-cine.html

I used the discount code pixukmars14 to get £14 knocked off meaning with the £30 postage it was less than £700 delivered.

Its the best price I have seen for the full blown kit with the Htb2se sub.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The only problem here is that Pixmania are based in France, so if you need to make a warranty claim, the affected speaker will need to be returned to France at your expense as French retailers are exempt from UK buying laws..

What's the best price you've seen for the UK?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Just stating facts Dave. Regardless of who they're linked to, they are based in France.

Indeed.

Though - again, just stating facts - Pixmania is more than "linked" to Dixons; the latter has a 77% controlling stake in the company.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
lol.....does this mean that 'one'shouldn't purchase these from pixmania??

superhifi at leeds are offering me the wireless version for£899.....want to put a deposit down,but they are not keen on holding them for two months......ho-hum:(

A

Anonymous

spsplastering said:
lol.....the leeds branch are offering a 5 year guarentee,so me thinks thats a great deal:)

My Kef 'eggs' came with a 5 year manufacturers warranty for the speakers but ony 1 year for the sub. Might be best to double check.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
...as French retailers are exempt from UK buying laws..

But they trade on a .co.uk website so should comply with UK law such as having their company details on each page etc. How they've not been shut down by Trading Standards I don't know...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Simply Electronics are a .co.uk company, but they're based in HK. If you want anything repaired, you'll have to send it back to HK. As Pixmania are based in France, items in need of under warranty repair will have to go back to France as we don't fall under their buying laws, just as they don't fall under ours.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
NSYGrinner said:
spsplastering said:
lol.....the leeds branch are offering a 5 year guarentee,so me thinks thats a great deal:)

My Kef 'eggs' came with a 5 year manufacturers warranty for the speakers but ony 1 year for the sub. Might be best to double check.

They assured me it was for the package...so heares hoping!!!
smiley-smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Superfi at manchester price matched this on the phone when I said was after av and wire and when i drove there and asked a guy from audio t across the road for parkin directions . He asked why I was here and I told him .He beat that deal by 15 quid So I got them for 700 and whats more they recon they can do the onkyo 609 for 450 or the 808 for 699 I think the 808 is a bit much for the 3005se. besides I wanted silver so ill have to wait a fortnight for 609. So ill get that later.

sorry my pound sighn doesnt work

A

Anonymous

Soundla, was it Dave or Munir, sounds like a trick they would pull, I've bought from them for years! Lol

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Just as a follow-up to this, we've had confirmation that Pixmania isn't an authorised KEF dealer.

To quote KEF:

"Unless they are an official KEF retailer based here in the UK, a UK customer won’t receive their warranty nor the same level of great service/support provided by all UK KEF retailers."

A

Anonymous

KEF, quite rightly want to protect their UK Dealer net-work......... but legally if the product is new and purchased within the EU they have to honour their warranty as a manufacturer within the UK if that is where the product develops a fault.

The Citizens Advice Bureau article (http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/c_buying_goods_and_services_in_europe.pdf) sums it up without being over legally technical.

KEF could easily find out from serial numbers where Pixmania are purchasing their stock and stop the flow if they so wished. Or would this be deemed an illegal restriction of trade based on their existing sales contracts with the pixmania supplier!

I am not looking to argue the benefits of the EU but it is meant to be a common market.

A

Anonymous

Interesting to note that the product is 'no longer sold' by Pixmania.
smiley-surprised.gif

Paul.

soundla said:
whats more they recon they can do the onkyo 609 for 450 or the 808 for 699 I think the 808 is a bit much for the 3005se. besides I wanted silver so ill have to wait a fortnight for 609. So ill get that later.

sorry my pound sighn doesnt work

My Dad has an 808 with 3005 7.1 setup, sounds fantastic in a big room. If it's going in a large room, would definately look at the 808 too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts