Kef 3005 speaker package - advice required

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just a couple of minor queries...

I presume the above package (not the new SE versions) represent good value for £600.

Do they out perform other packages in and around this price bracket i.e Kef 2005, AE aego T, QA 1010 5.1 and the Quad Lite 5.1 package?

A

Anonymous

Ahhhhhhh Superfi.

I'd been wondering this too. I still have my 2005.1 eggs and they never sounded that bad at all. Any upgrade on them at £600 is likely to be rather nice. But I'd still like to know how much better the SE version of the 3005s are.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Will Harris"]Ahhhhhhh Superfi.

But I'd still like to know how much better the SE version of the 3005s are.

[/quote]

Much! I'd pay the extra....

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]

[quote user="Will Harris"]Ahhhhhhh Superfi.

But I'd still like to know how much better the SE version of the 3005s are.

[/quote]

Much! I'd pay the extra....

[/quote]

but how about the original questions............

A

Anonymous

Can't say about those other than the 2005.1s that I own. They were good, but nothing like my Dalis. That said, the 3005 is the successor / superior model to the 2005.2 and so should be a big improvement. My 2005.1 set were £600 when I bought them. So is the discount worth it? Not if you can shop around and get the 3005SE for £800 or less. Try and find it. As for the other sets. Sorry not to be more helpful.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Strodo"]
Just a couple of minor queries...

I presume the above package (not the new SE versions) represent good value for £600.

Do they out perform other packages in and around this price bracket i.e Kef 2005, AE aego T, QA 1010 5.1 and the Quad Lite 5.1 package?
[/quote]

We haven't done the direct comparisons with the original 3005, i'm afraid, but the SE package would certainly be a step up from all of those packages - though not necessarily a sonic match for slightly pricier 'traditional' speaker packages, like the Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom (£800).

There's always an element of trade-off with style systems to allow for their compact good looks - a style system (even an excellent one) will very rarely sound as good as a traditional package of the same price. So, if it's price rather than looks that matter to you, the bigger-box route buys you better sound-per-pound (assuming you're buying a decent package, of course...)

A

Anonymous

How about the KEF 5005.2? Are the new KEF 3005 SE better than them? What would be the major difference in terms of sound. I personally like the design of the 5005 much better, but if the sound of the new 3005 SE is far better than I would wait and get those of course. I will use an Onkyo SR 605 to power the speakers.

A

Anonymous

I can hardly believe that nobody can comment on a comparison between 5005 and 3005 (SE).....quite a pity!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

After reading all of your comments, I'm really decided to buy the new 3005 SE.

Is there any visual difference between the 3005 and 3005 SE, I've seen what seams to be a good opportunity but I want to make sure it's the new SE models, and not the old 3005

Any help , photo would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot,

Joel

A

Anonymous

The new 3005SE satellites have a visual difference which makes them easy to distinguish from their predecessors. Copy this link into your browser to see an image of the satellites on the KEF site with the new tweeter design. http://www.kef.com/products/picoforte/picoforte2/default.aspx

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Here's the picture:

[/quote]
LOL...Andrew you are always so spot on !..there's the kef picture 'bursting' onto the screen as i scroll down !..LOL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts