KEF 3005 SE vs B&W MT25

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is likely a regular topic.

Has anyone had a chance to hear both systems? The Kef is widedy available in France but the MT 25 is still hard to find. I wonder if there is really huge difference between each systems.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

I have demod the 3005SE against the MT-30, so thought the experience might help, (as MT-25 is MT-30 with a lesser sub).

I wasn't so impressed with the MT-30 for high frequencies. Things like bullet cases hitting the floor, cymbals an so on, sounded dead compared to other speakers. And for music things like violins seemed strained.

However, the bass and mid-range on the KEFs was terrible for music, which seemed mainly down to the sub, while for films it seemed OK.

The top and bottom of it was that I thought the satellites in the 3005SE were better than the MT-30, but the sub in the MT-30 was better than the 3005SE sub, (but only significantly noticeable in music).

Given that the sub in the MT-25 is a lesser version of that in the MT-30 the 3005SE might very well be a better bet, especially if you aren't interested in music performance.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. I have a pair of Triangle speaker columns and a dedicated Marantz amplifier for stereo for the 5.1 speakers are really only for films. In that case, the KEF would seem to be the better choice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts