Kef 2005.3 with which amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Sevenoaks are doing the kef 2005.3 speaker package with either the onkyo 606 or yamaha 763 for £799 and i was just wondering which would partner the speakers better. I know you rated the yammy above the onkyo so should i go with that? any advice much appreciatted........

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Neo 77:

Hi,

Sevenoaks are doing the kef 2005.3 speaker package with either the onkyo 606 or yamaha 763 for £799 and i was just wondering which would partner the speakers better. I know you rated the yammy above the onkyo so should i go with that? any advice much appreciatted........

The Yamaha is allegedly better musically but the Onkyo has video upscaling and an FM/MW tuner as well as 4 HDMI inputs so it depends what else you are hooking up/wanting to do.Good deal either way.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
And my onkyo 606 with Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 packages actually sounds pretty good with the Marantz CD 63 KI player.

Especially now I've used the Audyssey 2EQ set up microphone.

Hope that helps..............

A

Anonymous

I remember seeing somewhere that the kefs weren't the last ounce of excitement and that partnering with something as punchy as the onkyo would be a good combo. Just wondering how the yamaha would fair........is that an upfront amp or a bit more refined?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Its said to be a bit more refined the latest 'What hifi?' magazine, i think.

The Onkyo is definitely punchy!!!

Your best bet is to go and audition both at that shop, assuming you live near it?

A

Anonymous

Neo, which severnoaks store is doing this deal as i've just phoned round a couple and both are quoting more than this?

A

Anonymous

I am just going by what this says...http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/offerpdf.aspx and in the adverts it says its valid up till 11/12/2008 ok bud.......

A

Anonymous

Right, got ya fella. Only thing is, it dosent mention the Yamaha amp only the Onkyo. Shame cause i would go for this deal if it was on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts