keeping it Rega with vinyl ?

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Hello all,

Okay, so now i have added a Mira 3 amplifier to my Apollo CD player should i now consider a turntable - the P2 ? What do i need to know when adding a turntable to my system ? Any advice or tips please !
emotion-10.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
No advice needed really (if you are going for Rega).

Buy one with Rega Bias 2 factory fitted and aligned from your dealer. (£294 with cartridge already fitted)

Get it home and put it on a rigid and level support. (Nothing big and hollow or too near speakers.) Follow the instructions...

Takes about 5 minutes - tops - assuming your cartridge is already fitted.

Ask your dealer to order you a Rega 3 mat from a range of wild colours (including black) for about £11 because the P2 mat is a bit too thin.

Your Mira 3 amp already has an excellent phono pre-amp built in, so no extra expense there
emotion-2.gif

Simples.

A

Anonymous

Try the Technics SL 1210/1200. Sold my P2 I was so impressed with it.

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Thank you Chebby, a much appreciated helping hand. Im checking out a few different turntables from Rega along with some by other brands. Thanks both !
emotion-21.gif

T

the record spot

The felt mat is okay, but a slightly higher outlay gets you a "Ringmat" which I found to be slightly superior to the standard P3 stock felt mat. £50 but all down to you whether the extra £35 or so is worth it. You should be able to demo one though from your dealer if they stock them.

A

Anonymous

RS, have you considered changing your Rega for a Technics? They're built like tanks and should withstand the none-too-gentle prodding of inquisitive fingers. Just a thought - seems a shame to have the Rega HS on top of the wardrobe.

T

the record spot

LOL, yes, I know what you mean - to be fair, we are pushed for space as the CD and amp are on top of a sideboard which is pretty sturdy, so it's an ideal platform for both. We have a collapsable (near industrial looking) play-pen which acts as a barrier between that and the children, but not enough space for the t/t, so for now, it's staying where it is. The Technics is a plan for the future though, really fancy one with a new arm (I'd take the RB300 from the P3 and have it put on the T-1210 in all likelihood).

A high, wall-mounted shelf is another option, but as we currently rent our present home with our "own" place down in London being rented out, no major projects on that score for the time being.

(Alas!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts