KDL26EX553 2012 Sony 26 inch tv

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

First post so please be gentle : )

Last years Sony wifi connected tv was reviewed as being very dim. After checking this out I decided to wait and see. Really interested in this new tv but haven't seen it in the wild to compare, or seen any reviews out there.

Does any one have any experiences of this tv to help me get out of my seemingly endless trap of deliberation..

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

instead of posting a new thread on the Sony KDL-26EX553 series TV, i done a search and found this thread.

As this TV has been out for a few few weeks now, i would like to ask if any other people have brought this TV and have managed to get the best 'Calibration' for picture settings.

I've spent at least 3 hours mucking around with the 'Picture' settings, but being a complete novice as also unsuccessfully finding any results via a Google search to get the best picture settings for this TV. I've hit a 'brick wall' and turn my attention to the experts as to what the best settings are for this TV please.

A

Anonymous

Anybody be able to direct me to a professional calibration website to get the best picture possible for new sets please?

A

Anonymous

The links i find very useful, however i don't have an extra appliance to work with using a THX Optimizer.

If there is anybody whom owns this TV too and has managed to get some cool results then please list your custom settings and i can give them a whirl.

Thanks

:cheer:

A

Anonymous

Im having the same problem. I bought it on the strength of reviews and the fact that it had a better picture (significantly) and sound (marginally) and had "smart" features over and above the new Panasonic TX-L24X5B.

The panny does, incidentally play more file formats (like MKVs).

However, much messing about later, I have a picture that is way too bleached. Brightness and Contrast are not helping, nor is the excellent backlight control. Im sure Ive seen a review somewhere with recommended settings but I cant find it now.

TRENDING THREADS