KDL-46W905a or KDL-55HX853

ajerolo

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My 4.5 year old Sony KDL-40V3000 started to show shaddowing, so claiming on the extended warranty i eventually have been given a cheque for replacement.

Being a Sony fan i am going to replace my old Sony with a new one - the other half has the Sony Xperia Z so NFC is desireable.

I've read a few reviews and not sure what to choose.

I'm mainly going to be watching Sky Tv and Blu-Rays running on a Sony BDP-S550.

The 46W905 hasnt been reviewed yet but the 55 only got 4* and last years 55HX853 got 5* and best TV 2012.

Could NFC be added via a USB device?

Answers and Suggestions on a postcard.

Andy

You're unlikely to get NFC capability by means of a USB stick. I think Sony has a similar technology to go with its smartphones & tablets.

The W905 got 10/10 rating on trusted reviews. Everyone has commented upon limited viewing angles, some reviews have given more importance to this than others. Demo it in store & see what you think. HX853 is a brilliant TV as well.

ajerolo

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
The NFC is built into the phone so just thought it was something handy to have...take lots of photos of my son that we like to view.

I dont think there are many of the 55HX853 tellys still available.

My main concern is the viewing angle. most rooms you need around 90 degrees for family viewing. I wonder if there are differences between the 55W9 and the 46W9?

Thanks,

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
ajerolo said:
The NFC is built into the phone so just thought it was something handy to have...take lots of photos of my son that we like to view.

I dont think there are many of the 55HX853 tellys still available.

My main concern is the viewing angle. most rooms you need around 90 degrees for family viewing. I wonder if there are differences between the 55W9 and the 46W9?

Thanks,

You will really struggle to get a 55HX853 now. I've looked for one as I want a bigger screen size in my living room and am really happy with my 46HX853 so was going to just get the 55 inch version but i've had no luck in sourcing one so i'm going to look at a 2013 tv as and when they get released and reviewed.

The W905a has been well received so far but that viewing angle would be an issue for most people so definately an idea to demo one, you will have to wait for the 2013 Sony tv range to be released now to get anything resembling a HX853 so may be worth waiting until the new range of tvs get released?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts