Kate Bush - The Whole Story

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Anyone else got this?

I just got it. It sounds fantastic. No background noise, no discernable distortion, great dynamics, a massive soundstage, a huge amount of air around instruments and some of the sweetest sounding ride i've heard.

John Duncan

Never liked the version of Wuthering Heights on this, though the only new track (Experiment IV) was worth having. Presumably you must own Hounds of Love, one of the Great Albums Of Our Generation©?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
That's the only album of hers that I had before this. It's a remaster, and doesn't sound as good as the versions on this compilation. I got this to dip my toe into her other stuff, to see if I got on with it. I do. I think I'll get Sensual World next (If that's the one with 'This Woman's Work' on it. Great Song. Check out Maxwell's cover of it, on his album 'Now').

As an aside, I think the version of 'Don't Give Up' sounds great on this. Better than on Gabriel's Best Of...

A

Anonymous

Superb album on both vinyl and cd. You should get her Aerial album. That is one of the best produced albums Ive heard. Amazing content aswell.

A

Anonymous

It's the only album I have by her. I got it for 'Cloudbusting' and 'Experiment IV'. It's a pity it doesn't have 'The Big Sky' on it like the VHS version. That was one of my fave singles. I always thought the subtle drumming in the background on 'Cloudbusting' was a good test for a system.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
There's a couple of tracks by Kate Bush which I don't believe are on any of her albums. Her version of Candle in the Wind is a really nice listen. Found that one on a 'Tribute to Elton John' album. The other I came across is 'When The Rain Comes Down' a duet with Annie Lennox. Really good. For the life of me though I can't recall which album I found it on.

Rich

A

Anonymous

Forgot about my teen love of her music. I have spent the last few years buying the music I listened to back then but this thread has reminded me of her. Spent the last few hours on YT listening to her andtrying to decide what needs purchasing.

All of it is the answer so off to a well known auction site I go

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
8009514:

There's a couple of tracks by Kate Bush which I don't believe are on any of her albums. Her version of Candle in the Wind is a really nice listen. Found that one on a 'Tribute to Elton John' album. The other I came across is 'When The Rain Comes Down' a duet with Annie Lennox. Really good. For the life of me though I can't recall which album I found it on.

Rich

Well, I stand corrected. I have just found out that 'When Rain Came Down' is not by Annie Lennox and Kate Bush at all. A singer called Happy Rhodes did it on a 1988 album called Ecto. She can make her voice sound so much like Lennox and Bush that you wouldn't tell the difference. It's on youtube.

Rich

A

Anonymous

Which has moved me on to Tori Amos who is another must purchase. Her live version of Cornflake Girl (on Letterman if I remember correctly) was so reminiscent of Kate which is no easy thing.

A

Anonymous

Happy Rhodes has a superb voice. Her range (4 octave) is more amazing because she changes through it effortlessly. Agree she sounds like Kate and a bit like Annie and she can do it in one breath. Collective Heart sounds even more like a duet between the 2.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts