Kaspersky Antivirus for the pc

A

Anonymous

I'm not exactly a mastermind on anti-virus software, I use Parallels from OSX and I fire up my laptop from time to time at home when the Mac gets overloaded. I've always used AVG, should I be spending £7.99?

A

Anonymous

AVG is ok as its free but you dont get the upto date virus definitions.

That means avg could be anything from a week to a month behind in virus protection.

Kaspersky doesent slow your pc down like some virus progs.

£7.99 is a good deal as its usually £20 for a 1 licence version.

A

Anonymous

emotion-36.gif

Just be aware that it might not be the latest version! I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 ,5 licence) for less than £40 last year, and it is very good indeed. in fact I am about to buy another year's subscription within the next week. I will let you know more when I have it if you like

emotion-53.gif

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Sorry there is a misunderstanding here. No matter which version of Kaspersky AV or Kaspersky Internet Security you buy the serial number will work with the latest version regardless for the entire duration of the license. I've been using KIS for around 3 years and this has always been true.

I strongly recommend that you investigate Kaspersky Internet Security over just Kaspersky Antivirus. It is excellent and by far the best combined suite I've ever used. I bought a 3 user license for a year for £13 last year so it costs little more than just getting the antivirus.

Cameraman:

emotion-36.gif

Just be aware that it might not be the latest version! I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 ,5 licence) for less than £40 last year, and it is very good indeed. in fact I am about to buy another year's subscription within the next week. I will let you know more when I have it if you like

emotion-53.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Tangerine dream:The works are selling Kaspersky anti virus version 7 with 3 user licence for only £7.99

Can you just clarify what 'THE WORKS' is/are? Thats a very good price for Kaspersky (Which id consider the best anti virus on the market today)

Can you post a link?

Octo ~ AVG is cr*p. Youd be better with AVIRA anti virus (Also free)

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:
Octo ~ AVG is cr*p. Youd be better with AVIRA anti virus (Also free)

Noted. Thanks.ÿ

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi All, Found a web site where you can get Kapersky for free. (I hope I read it right)

http://www.techmixer.com/free-kaspersky-internet-security-2009-genuine-license-key-for-1-year/

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I really can't understand why anyone would object to paying for something as crucial as anti-virus/security software!

I know some of the free scanners are quite good, but still ...

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
ElectroMan:
I really can't understand why anyone would object to paying for something as crucial as anti-virus/security software!

I know some of the free scanners are quite good, but still ...

Avira actually has a better detection system than ALL the others for viruses and trojans (and its free)

But yeah ~ I know where your coming from

A

Anonymous

ElectroMan:

Well I don't object per se, I would just rather spend nothing.ÿ

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Sorry guys, I didn't realise it was illegal. I was checking out Kapersky after reading this thread as I was thinking about upgrading.(current AVG user).

Where are the works??
Can't find them.

A

Anonymous

they're a discount book store you'll find dotted about the high street.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
fast eddie:they're a discount book store you'll find dotted about the high street.

Thanks for that. I do have a local store.

I'm going to go check it out.

A

Anonymous

Buy Kaspersky, don't think about it, just buy. I have used it for years and its never let any bad stuff in. used AVG before that and it was one hell of an improvement.

TRENDING THREADS