K-Lite Codec Pack (Audio Output) 5.1

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi. I have some movies on the pc with surround sound and the audio decoder says Input: 5.1 etc and Output: 5.1 etc. However when hooked up to my surround amp using a hdmi cable it only receives two channels. Any thoughts please?

Matt

A

Anonymous

sky hd does give 5.1 sound via hdmi.

I will add that playing movies with vlc I only seem to get stereo, but playing them through

PowerDVD10 they play with the 5.1 surround track. The behaviour seems the same with hdmi and optical.

That has me curious, I might investigate further.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
edsib1:

sky hd does give 5.1 sound via hdmi.

Unless theyve recently changed something im unaware of, you cant get 5.1 through hdmi

A

Anonymous

then u are unaware,

I've only had my sky for 3 months or so - so cant comment on what it was like before....

A

Anonymous

Use VLC and under Audio, change the Audio Device.

Don't select the 5.1 option - instead select the option which is named something like 'A/52 over hdmi'. the exact text may be slightly different depending on ur soundcard. (This option is probably at the bottom of the list)

(K-lite 4.0.0 x64)

A

Anonymous

Sorry are you saying Sky HD now has dolby 5.1 over HDMI and not optical?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
edsib1:

then u are unaware,

I've only had my sky for 3 months or so - so cant comment on what it was like before....

So your going on record to say you get 5.1 digital surround sound through a HDMI connection? (And you would be the first and only person I know of that can)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
aliEnRIK:edsib1:

then u are unaware,

So your going on record to say you get 5.1 digital surround sound through a HDMI connection? (And you would be the first and only person I know of that can)

It's all gone quiet!

If you can get DD 5.1 over hdmi on Sky, I'll be amazed. Maybe, he's talking about surround sound like Pro Logic.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:

It's all gone quiet!

If you can get DD 5.1 over hdmi on Sky, I'll be amazed. Maybe, he's talking about surround sound like Pro Logic.

Thats my thoughts too

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
edsib1:talking about skyplayer + hdmi...

Yes

Are you going on record to say -

You get '5.1 dolby digital' from your sky HD box via HDMI?

A

Anonymous

Just re-read everything and I think he wants 5.1 on his PC to watch skyplayer.

Is your graphics card capable of this? does skyplayer even offer 5.1 not sure but I dont think it has to do with codecs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts