K Array Piccolo anyone?

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone out there tried these 9cm high (yes, nine cm) speakers that cost over £2k ?

http://global.k-array.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=84&Itemid=547&lang=en

I understand they work off the same technology as the big stadium curved speakers that are in the London Olympic stadium.

Pound for pound (£ for lb), are these the most expensive speakers in the world?

A

Anonymous

I have a set of Piccolos in transit, and I will be happy to review them once I get them installed.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I had a thoroughly amazing time in the Olympic stadium, it was really quite an incredible experience….although I do remember thinking the speakers weren’t particularly good.

Who in their right mind would spend that sort of money on poxy little speakers like that? Nothing against small speakers but these are ridiculous, what could you possibly get out of a cabinet and drivers that size? You’d be better off getting some quality headphones.

A

Anonymous

I have to admit that I would find it difficult to part with $2500US for a set of speaker for my home... I won these as a door prize at a Recording Seminar. Given that, I'm pretty excited to try them out in my studio.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
DandyCobalt said:
Has anyone out there tried these 9cm high (yes, nine cm) speakers that cost over £2k ?

http://global.k-array.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=84&Itemid=547&lang=en

I understand they work off the same technology as the big stadium curved speakers that are in the London Olympic stadium.

Pound for pound (£ for lb), are these the most expensive speakers in the world?
those speakers look ridiculous. Would not spend a £1 on them

SouthaK

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
gbhsi1 said:
those speakers look ridiculous. Would not spend a £1 on them

I have heard these, they are a powered 2.1 system i.e. a pre/power amp, two satelittes and a sub. A friend has them and to be honest they sound amazing. The tech in the satelites is based on some metal or other that generates a huge amount of sound in a very small cone. I'm sure the people at K-Array would not be too worried that you would not spend £1 on them, as they know that true audio fans buy based on sound not looks (everyone else can stick to Sony).

The Piccolo is the consumer version of the installed sound systems that K-Array do in bars and night clubs and is based on the same technology. If you have ever been in a bar and wondered where the music was coming from but could see no speakers you have probably heard tham already (or something similar).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts