Just nabbed an Arcam DV135 for £200!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thanks to some last minute sniping on ebay i managed to grab an ex-demo DV135 for £200!!! I already have the DV88+ which i consider to be a very cabable cd player(which is what i will mainly use it for). I am hoping that the DV135 will be a significant improvement over the DV88 - judging by the universal glowing reviews it has received - and at that price i dont have much to loose!
will report my findings as soon as i receive it... for those that are interested.

A

Anonymous

Good find! That Jimmy Hughes uses one as his reference player...but he gives me the creeps anyway (no offense, but I was always told to speak my mind!)...and he's no relation of mine...

A

Anonymous

Hughes123:Good find! That Jimmy Hughes uses one as his reference player...but he gives me the creeps anyway (no offense, but I was always told to speak my mind!)...and he's no relation of mine...

My Mrs loves his shoes though !!

A

Anonymous

its his glasses isnt it? although anybody that spends as much time as he does thinking of tweaks for his hi-fi.....

A

Anonymous

ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:its his glasses isnt it? although anybody that spends as much time as he does thinking of tweaks for his hi-fi.....

Yep, 100%! Never has the phrase "Should have gone to Specsavers" ever been so true!

A

Anonymous

andyb190:
Hughes123:Good find! That Jimmy Hughes uses one as his reference player...but he gives me the creeps anyway (no offense, but I was always told to speak my mind!)...and he's no relation of mine...

My Mrs loves his shoes though !!

The penny hasn't dropped yet on that one mate, sorry! ;)

A

Anonymous

andyb190:Jimmy Choos.... nah, never mind.

I blame my fashion sense!

A

Anonymous

ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:thats pretty good for a friday night!

After 7 cans of Stella my 'personality' starts to shine.

A

Anonymous

andyb190:

You wait until JoelSim does the same...he comes out with the funniest stuff!

ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:Thanks to some last minute sniping on ebay i managed to grab an ex-demo DV135 for £200!!! I already have the DV88+ which i consider to be a very cabable cd player(which is what i will mainly use it for). I am hoping that the DV135 will be a significant improvement over the DV88 - judging by the universal glowing reviews it has received - and at that price i dont have much to loose!

will report my findings as soon as i receive it... for those that are interested.

Strewth! At that price, totally envious.

A

Anonymous

Hughes123:andyb190:

And I'm off to get some Chateau Lafite-Rothschild of 1968...

A

Anonymous

Hughes123:Hughes123:andyb190:

And I'm off to get some Chateau Lafite-Rothschild of 1968...

Not one of the better known Bulgarian wines.

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin:ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:Thanks to some last minute sniping on ebay i managed to grab an ex-demo DV135 for £200!!! I already have the DV88+ which i consider to be a very cabable cd player(which is what i will mainly use it for). I am hoping that the DV135 will be a significant improvement over the DV88 - judging by the universal glowing reviews it has received - and at that price i dont have much to loose!

Strewth! At that price, totally envious.

thanks, though its even harder to believe that you can have a brand new Dv135 for £300!!! this time last year they were £900. The rapid development (and hence obsoletion) of DVD related technology means that players just dont hold their value. Which is fantastic news for people like me who are really only interested in their audio capabilities! that said, im sure it will provide a decent picture should it ever make its way anywhere near my tv ;-)

A

Anonymous

I'm using my old arcam diva 89 with a 42inch panasonic plasma and the picture is good enough to make you question the actual need for blueray!......sound wise because it is in a tiled location I could not have loads of wires so I used my old cyrus 2 +psx and a pair of Kef c20 center speakers(bought from richer sounds for £30 each!)on the stand under the tv .......and it does sound good for virtually no outlay and certainly more cost effective than a good sound bar.

Alan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts