Just fell in love...

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Well its up to nearly a ton with postage already with 20hrs to go,it looks in cracking nick i must say ,but it will go for a whole deal more i reckon.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps I'm a philistine...but it looks like one ugly brute to me.

Good for one thing - burning the house down and that's about it ;-)

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
PJPro:Perhaps I'm a philistine...but it looks like one ugly brute to me.

Good for one thing - burning the house down and that's about it ;-)

Nah you are no philistine pj but some hairy shirt with more money than sense will buy it,then spend an arm and a leg on new valves etc. And put it back up on ebay !!!!!!.

A

Anonymous

Wow! Look at the price it went for! That's just silly! Looked liked some "hairy shirt" will have sky high house insurance soon!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
PJPro:Perhaps I'm a philistine...but it looks like one ugly brute to me. Good for one thing - burning the house down and that's about it ;-)

I agree with you PJ. Ugly thing of no beauty whatsoever.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hughes123:Wow! Look at the price it went for! That's just silly! Looked liked some "hairy shirt" will have sky high house insurance soon!

Just out of interest what did it go for,i couldnt be fagged to put it on watch.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:£268 + £14 P&P..... 34 bids in the end!

And probably in 34 bits when he receives it! I still like it though - I like the looks! I'm not sure I like the sound of valves that are over 50 years old though! My VOX AC30 has gone through about seven sets of valves in nine years!

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site

Good heavens (or words to that effect) think im going for a lie down. Thanks for that clare. I take it that you didnt buy it for your project then mr hughes.

A

Anonymous

floyd droid:

Good heavens (or words to that effect) think im going for a lie down. Thanks for that clare. I take it that you didnt buy it for your project then mr hughes.

No - I put a max bid in for £150 but it wasn't to be! Got to find me another amplifier to recondition now. I fancy a big ol' Marantz Receiver, but I can't find any (apart from a measly 15watter...I want the 260watt/channel 1977 model!)

A

Anonymous

Given the interest from the US it probably went to a collector of some sort.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts