Just cancelled Netflix, where to spend the money instead?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I've only rented a film via a streaming service to watch a few times, and only because it was 99p - I wouldn't pay any more than that to view a film once. I'll "buy" the odd film on iTunes if the physical media is ridiculously expensive due to limited release numbers.

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
I've only rented a film via a streaming service to watch a few times, and only because it was 99p - I wouldn't pay any more than that to view a film once. I'll "buy" the odd film on iTunes if the physical media is ridiculously expensive due to limited release numbers.
Never rented a film i buy used CD,DVD Viynl what ever format and keep it .You watch it when it suits you.

Reactions: DougK1
Never rented a film i buy used CD,DVD Viynl what ever format and keep it .You watch it when it suits you.
Exactly what I do. Just occasionally I might watch a film on streaming I like, but when I try and find a physical copy, it's ridiculously expensive. Theres been a few films that have never had a Bluray release, so the DVD ends up being £20-30 or more, which I'm not prepared to pay for standard definition. In that case, if I'll keep an eye on it on iTunes to see if it drops to a few quid, if so, I'll nab it. If it gets a later Bluray release or a DVD copy miraculously comes up for a fiver or something, the few quid I spent on the iTunes copy is no great loss.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
I get Disney free with the bank card loyalty offer and I think it the best out of a bad bunch there is plenty on there and star has some good shows, shogun i'm looking foward to. Netflix is utter trash most of the time. Apple is actually pretty decent, so don't really get the hate, Silo is a stand out for me. But yes there isnt currently enough for a long term sub. Prime is pretty poo to and only really pay for it because I want the Prime delivery service and then there's paramount and thats pretty poo.

TBH TV In general is mostly poo and nothing much interests me. Id rather be out on the push bike now the weather is perking up well ive been on it all winter. but you get my point

Reactions: DougK1

James105

Oct 30, 2019
I get Disney free with the bank card loyalty offer and I think it the best out of a bad bunch there is plenty on there and star has some good shows, shogun i'm looking foward to. Netflix is utter trash most of the time. Apple is actually pretty decent, so don't really get the hate, Silo is a stand out for me. But yes there isnt currently enough for a long term sub. Prime is pretty poo to and only really pay for it because I want the Prime delivery service and then there's paramount and thats pretty poo.

TBH TV In general is mostly poo and nothing much interests me. Id rather be out on the push bike now the weather is perking up well ive been on it all winter. but you get my point
I think we bank at the same place, I took the film tickets as I give them to my nephew.

Reactions: twinkletoes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts