Just aquired a BT mains conditioner

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
Have not had the chance to assess whether this improves my system. There is only one outlet on it. Which would benefit the most. My amp or CD player?,would using a double adapter or a 3 way extension so I can use all of my components with it degrade the benefits of the conditioner?

Anybody use one of these and what improvements if any did you get?

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
You can run an ext of the socket just check the rating of the BT unit. Do a search on this forum a lot has been said about them in the past , you should be able to find all you need to know and then some..

A

Anonymous

I have the Tacima ... I have read on several threads, that the cd player benefits the most from a mains conditioner

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
I have that one too (as well as one of the larger ampage ones) - it is best suited for components that don't draw much curent, such as a cd player. Shouldn't be a problem connecting 2 or 3 components - especially if they're not used at the same time as each other (I have the turntable and cd player plugged in, which obviously aren't used at the same time).

Depending on the rating of your amplifier, the mains conditioner may not be able to deliver the current the amplifier is demanding, especially during strong dynamic pieces where the amplifier is working hard. This results in the sound becoming a little less dynamic (or trips the mains conditioner if the current draw is way too much - don't even think of connecting a surround amp to it), making the amp sound a little more restrained.

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
My amp is rated at about 75 watts RMS so I would assume it can deliver a big dose of current to. I think I will just plug my cd player into it and see if I notice the difference,no harm in trying it with the amp though is it?

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Johnno2:
My amp is rated at about 75 watts RMS so I would assume it can deliver a big dose of current to. I think I will just plug my cd player into it and see if I notice the difference,no harm in trying it with the amp though is it?

No I wouldn't think so, but play it safe on the volume to begin with. The BT mains conditioner has a safety trip anyway, so if you should ever draw too much current it will cut out.

Will be interested to hear what you think of the results - note the degree of difference will depend very much on how good or bad your household mains supply is.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Choosing a mains conditioner is a very dangerous thing if your not careful. A mains conditioner, or maybe all, judging from the ones i tried in the 300 to 600£ category, can take dynamics or life out of the sound. For me using a mains conditioner lost the sparkle in my system, so they aren't up my alley. But i haven't tried BT nor several others so to completely wright them of would ignorant from me.

I did hear some good results though with a simple (but not very cheap) wireworld matrix power strip and mains cables that offer mild conditioning and really tightened up the sound, especially in the bass. It's not much gear for your money but improvement in sound is the thing were after aren't we?

But i have seen the light in isolation transformers, they isolate your equipment from mains noise caused by other devices. You can use one for the front end and one for the power amp(s). That, combined with good power cords made me a very happy man.

A

Anonymous

Any chance of an update here??

How did you get on?

What did you use it on and what was the outcome?

keen to know if they are any good!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts