Just another setback...! Fotos

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Today I've phoned to my Rega dealer in Portugal to ask if he was going to deliver me the Brio R on time... :roll:

And got the worst answer that i could get!

The delay is going to take another month... :silenced:

I'm so annoyed at this time!!! :wall:

I got on the phone and managed two good deals:

- Naim 5i mkI for 560£ ( a demo unit from the Dynaudio dealer)

- Naim 5i italic MKII 700£ ( another demo unit from the Epos dealer)

I finally decided what speakers i'm going to buy, it will be the...

Dynaudio Excite X12.

Now guys, if you were in my shoes what would you do?

Wait for the Brio R, with no sure that will not be another delay.

Or seize the deal on one of the Naims...?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
cant help thinking your DAC would go lovely with a Brio r, have you tried some uk dealers for a Brio r or there is one on ebay at the minute!

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Not heard the Brio-R but I have the Rega Dac + Nait 5i-2 combo (along with SBT) and think its a winning combination.

However, I take it you have auditioned speakers / dac with Rega amp and obviously liked it, rather than Naim amp?

I agree with other poster about favouring Naim in general (not having heard Brio-R) but personally would want to demo before just in case.

Either way both should be excellent but if it were my money it would be which did I prefer, even if it meant waiting a little longer.

Be great to have a write up after amp/speakers sorted!!!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Overdose said:
I'd go for the latest Naim.

Negotiate on the price for cash and then you will have an amp that should hold its value better than the Rega.

Thanks Overdose!

I understand your concern but value on the future sale for me is not an issue, i think the Brio R is a keeper... ;)

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:
cant help thinking your DAC would go lovely with a Brio r, have you tried some uk dealers for a Brio r or there is one on ebay at the minute!

Hi Stevebrock

No i've not tried UK dealers or in Spain, i've a good relation with the Portuguese Rega dealer, and if things go south later on I don't have the chutzpah to take the problems to is door...

The Naim just come up because i've done the demo of the Dynaudio X12 with one, and loved the combo.

But i've always idealized My sistem with the Brio/DAC/SBT combo...

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
stevebrock said:

Hi Stevebrock

No i've not tried UK dealers or in Spain, i've a good relation with the Portuguese Rega dealer, and if things go south later on I don't have the chutzpah to take the problems to is door...

The Naim just come up because i've done the demo of the Dynaudio X12 with one, and loved the combo.

Hold tight then!

What did the Dyns sound like and did you try any other similar priced speakers? What sold them?

Cheers

Ambrose

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Ambrose said:
Be great to have a write up after amp/speakers sorted!!!

I'll Ambrose, and with pictures!

I've read so many things on the net, i've dome so many demos (and in Portugal is a difficult thing), saved so much this year to buy this system, that i'm just to anxious to have all the parts together...

By the way yesterday i've demo the ATC SCM11 with a Perreaux 80i and a Audio Note CD player. And I prefer the Dynaudio Excite X12.

The ATC are a BRILLIANT speaker but i think the X12 are a bit better with detail and voices.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Ambrose said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
stevebrock said:

Hi Stevebrock

Hold tight then!

What did the Dyns sound like and did you try any other similar priced speakers? What sold them?

Cheers

Ambrose

What sold the Dynaudio ...?

They are some little gems, give a precise soundstage, detail and disappear in the background.

I loved the voices, my god the piano, pianos sound like they are right there, for such small speaker they have a fantastic bass extension and is tight, even with the volume at full throuttle the treble never tire.

In the end is just the music. :boohoo:

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
You have probably looked at this already, but those X12s look like quite a load for an amp (4 ohm and 86dB sensitivity), are you sure that the Brio is up to it? For that matter, the Naim might be a bit light, but it depends on what sort of volume you like and how big your room is.

It would concern me that the amps would be a bit too close to clipping for comfort if driving these speakers to more than moderate levels.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Overdose said:
You have probably looked at this already, but those X12s look like quite a load for an amp (4 ohm and 86dB sensitivity), are you sure that the Brio is up to it? For that matter, the Naim might be a bit light, but it depends on what sort of volume you like and how big your room is.

It would concern me that the amps would be a bit too close to clipping for comfort if driving these speakers to more than moderate levels.

I know that the Brio will run out of gas before the Dyns will, but my listening levels are quite normal as i live in a condo.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes they did, back in July... But they sold out as well, and Audioteam (Rega Dealer) even tooked the demo unit because he couldn't deliver new units any more...

He is sold out of RP, speakers, DACs and amps.

Rega dont deliver since August...

Jambalaya

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Art K. on another forum has the Rega Brio and the Excites and recently got a Naim CD player and all he could say was that more Naim was in his future. He really likes the Rega and Excite combination but has had a few problems with his Rega gear, not the amp though. Might want to check out Audiokarma.com. Search Rega Brio or Art K. There's a LOT of information about them.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Jambalaya said:
Art K. on another forum has the Rega Brio and the Excites and recently got a Naim CD player and all he could say was that more Naim was in his future. He really likes the Rega and Excite combination but has had a few problems with his Rega gear, not the amp though. Might want to check out Audiokarma.com. Search Rega Brio or Art K. There's a LOT of information about them.

Yes i know!!! :rofl:

I follow that thead for one year now, but the problems were with the Rega Apolo R, that he swap for a Rega DAC, and know i has a Naim CD5X.

But he loves the Brio R/Dynaudio Excite X12 combo!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, not every thing is going south on Hi-FiOutlaw maison...!

I've my new Dynaudios Excite X12 for a week now, with 60 hours of running in, and my new Atacama stands just arrive today.

Know only the Brio R is missing...

Tell me anen't they cute?

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Ok, not every thing is going south on Hi-FiOutlaw maison...!

I've my new Dynaudios Excite X12 for a week now, with 60 hours of running in, and my new Atacama stands just arrive today.

Know only the Brio R is missing...

Tell me anen't they cute?

i love the speakers, but it looks like you have christmas decorations up.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes I do! I put them up this weekend with the family, to the sound of christmas music. :bounce:

I love Christmas!!! :grin:

and mine arrived earlier!

Know just missing the Brio R and next up is e member card from the "Hi-Fi fot life" club! ;)

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Yes I do! I put them up this weekend with the family, to the sound of christmas music. :bounce:

Know just missing the Brio R and next up is e member card from the "Hi-Fi fot life" club! ;)

If you are interested my dealer (in Belgium) has a Rega Brio R new in stock at 650 euro. I might try to get something off the price if you want and ship it to you wherever you are in EU. If you are interested we can exchange details and take it from there.

Clear enough, I wont earn anything on the transaction, just glad if I can help as I know how disappointing is to wait like that! ;)

He's actually coming today to my place to deliver my speakers (Sonus Faber Guarneri), i can talk to him if interested and tell him to bring the amp also :cheers:

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
acalex said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:

If you are interested my dealer (in Belgium) has a Rega Brio R new in stock at 650 euro. I might try to get something off the price if you want and ship it to you wherever you are in EU. If you are interested we can exchange details and take it from there.

Clear enough, I wont earn anything on the transaction, just glad if I can help as I know how disappointing is to wait like that! ;)

He's actually coming today to my place to deliver my speakers (Sonus Faber Guarneri), i can talk to him if interested and tell him to bring the amp also :cheers:

Thanks Acalex

thank you for the willingness to solve my problem!but as I had said earlier, i like the service that my Rega Dealer provides me.It is not is fault that he dosn't have Some of Rega items to deliver, like: DAC, RP or Brios. Rega factory prefers to deliver big markets like US, Germany and internal market. That to provide to smaller ones. He is waiting for one orther since September... I've to support my Dealer! Thanks once againKind RegardsThe Outlaw

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
acalex said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:

Thanks Acalex

thank you for the willingness to solve my problem!but as I had said earlier, i like the service that my Rega Dealer provides me.It is not is fault that he dosn't have Some of Rega items to deliver, like: DAC, RP or Brios. Rega factory prefers to deliver big markets like US, Germany and internal market. That to provide to smaller ones. He is waiting for one orther since September... I've to support my Dealer! Thanks once againKind RegardsThe Outlaw

Not problem!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts