Joe Bonamassa - India/Mountain Time

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
I was introduce to Joe Bonamassas music a few weeks ago and I can't say that I was listening particularly, but it was on in the background, however, when Mountain Time came on my ears pricked up and I really loved the guitar intro, although the whole track is great.

My question is, what other artists are there that have a similar style to mountain time or even what Bonamassa albums display this style the most, more bluesy I guess?

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i love bonamassa i have 2lps on vinyl black rock 6/10 and the lastest dust bowl 9/10 i would miss black rock out.

but other stuff i listen to are -

gary moore.paul butterfield,jj cale,gill scott heron,eric clapton,harry manx,john martyn,john mayall,jonny lang,keb mo,eric bibb,neil young,nills loftgren,oli brown,weller,peter green,richard thompson,sonny terry,tom waits and tom petty.

theres a few the bold ones are my current favs. they might not sound like joe but thats my taste and i love joe bonamassa.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
smuggs said:
i love bonamassa i have 2lps on vinyl black rock 6/10 and the lastest dust bowl 9/10 i would miss black rock out.

but other stuff i listen to are -

gary moore.paul butterfield,jj cale,gill scott heron,eric clapton,harry manx,john martyn,john mayall,jonny lang,keb mo,eric bibb,neil young,nills loftgren,oli brown,weller,peter green,richard thompson,sonny terry,tom waits and tom petty.

theres a few the bold ones are my current favs. they might not sound like joe but thats my taste and i love joe bonamassa.

I was pretty disappointed with "The Ballad of John Henry", but still bought "Black Rock" and was even more disappointed, I thought it was really weak effort. I had given up on JB by now, but reading your 9/10 score for "Dust Bowl" I thought I'd give it a listen on Spotify and was very surprised how good it was compared to the previous two. I've listened to it twice now and have enjoyed it so much that I ordered the vinyl from Amazon, only £9.99. The title track is a stunner, it's really got inside my head.

For more bluesy JB you need to listen to his earlier stuff, "Blues Deluxe" is a particular favourite of mine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts