Jeremy Kyle is great

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
A freak show that makes me grateful to whoever invented BBC iPlayer.

No longer are the daytime viewers of the nation subject to"'Sell your old rubbish" shows or gawpfests or "Get some money from a dead relative you never met" programmes dressed up as genealogy, or "Orange bloke & antiques" or "Z-list celebs cook food you can't afford let alone pronounce"

Or the "Lets see people desperate to leave Britain regret it after all because they missed their mums and sunshine and golf everyday is so boring after 2 years in a white painted concrete box on a parched hillside in a country where everyone hates you anyway no matter how much you struggle with the language" foreign property shows.

And their despicable counterparts like the "Smug city downsizers sell £2 million London apartment to buy cottage in village full of other smug prats and die of poisoning from self-picked mushrooms they assumed were safe because Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall told them they were great on the telly and because they were now too far from a hospital to get timely treatment" shows!

Paul.

This just about sums it up

District Judge Alan Berg:

"human bear-baiting which goes under the guise of entertainment"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7011962.stm

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Copied and pasted from that link Paul ...

In his sentencing, Judge Berg was reported in the
Manchester Evening News as saying: "I have had the misfortune, very
recently, of watching The Jeremy Kyle Show.

"It seems to me that the purpose of this show is to
effect a morbid and depressing display of dysfunctional people whose
lives are in turmoil."

This sounds like a description of some of the ''soaps'' on tv as well
emotion-4.gif

idc

I have had a lot of stick on this forum for speaking out against a certain group of people and how they behave. I should have remembered that they are the ones who display themselves on shows such as Jeremy Kyle. I think the Judge's description of the people and the show is spot on.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I think most of the people Jeremy Kyle has on his show are reprehensible...... And Kyle himself is worse than all of them put together.

idc

The response to the Judge was

"A spokeswoman for ITV said: "We do not recognise the
district judge's description of our programme, or his opinion of the
viewing public and the people who choose to take part in our programme
in an effort to resolve their problems."

But on the same page as the Kyle story are two links to articles about people who ignored court imposed curfews by appearing on the show. There is no acknowledgment from the organisers of the shows of a link between behavouir and responsibility. In one case it was claimed

"His mother told the court how she took him on the talk
show - which deals with family and relationship issues - to try to get
help for him."

and in the other

"The TV show, which aired on 21 March, featured Byrne
talking about her relationships with her mother's and aunt's boyfriends
and included her in a shouting match with her lover's ex-partner"

and to make that worse

"Byrne was put up in a London hotel prior to recording the
show on 3 March, during which she was seen brawling with her lover's
ex-girlfriend"

Weirdly, I now want to watch such shows, car crash TV
emotion-8.gif

Miggs

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
This has got to be the worst kind of programme. Why anybody would want to appear on this programme is beyond me.

Miggs

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Says quite a lot about the Great British public unfortunately, that this show is so popular - Take some quite sad dysfunctional social services cases and parade their lives on telly as entertainment. Great idea?

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
i neither agree or disagree with these types of shows, i would love his job though.....

did anyone see the recent episode where two white parents had a black baby? the father was so sure it was his...... took a dna test to make him see sense, classic.

6th.replicant:
02L_11_Jeremy_243x351.jpg
Self-righteous, indignant, stupid and with a face you'd never tire of slapping - what's to like? Yep, Kyle is definitely high on the kill-on-sight list
emotion-2.gif

emotion-2.gif
It's cringeworthy TV at its worst. And yes, wouldn't we all like a Jeremy Kyle picture attached to the dart board?

A

Anonymous

Get a load of people that the public don,t really like, are shocked by their behaviour, put them on a forum to be judged and then give them punishment in front of all watching. Hmm, oh how we have evolved, the Romans started doing this 3000 years ago, difference being if they really didn,t like you then you were iether eaten or cut to pieces or both
emotion-8.gif
Strength and honour.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts