JBL Synthesis SDR-35

abacus

Sep 24, 2008
Seems to be getting some great reviews all over, (Including much better than the Arcam AVR30 on which it is based) but it is going to cost you, on the flip side you shouldn’t need a separate stereo amp for music so in that case could be a bit of a bargain.

Bill

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
would love to see a shoot-out between this, the Arcam and the Anthem MRX1140 (sadly I don't think WHF has ever reviewed an Anthem AVR?!)

CJ Reneau

Jul 9, 2021
I need to upgrade and I like this receiver, but I already have some nice amps and it seems a shame to buy it solely as a processor (esp when there are some really good ones in this price range). Not having HDMI 2.1 out of the box is also a bit of a bummer.

abacus

Sep 24, 2008
I need to upgrade and I like this receiver, but I already have some nice amps and it seems a shame to buy it solely as a processor (esp when there are some really good ones in this price range). Not having HDMI 2.1 out of the box is also a bit of a bummer.
The processor version is the SDP-55 which will save you £1000.

Bill

Reactions: gel

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
For a bit more, there's the Acurus MUSE, which is an absolutely stunning processor, plus there's room for future upgrading/up-speakering (yup, inventing new terms. It's a Monday).

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts