JBL Flip 6 improves on the Award-winning Flip 5 both inside and out

Sep 1, 2021
Over the course of 3 years, 4 Flips from the latest 2 generations were "road tested" in the water bottle cage of my bicycles. None of these new devices played for more than an hour and a half at my preferred volume. Even when conservative with volume these devices never reached anything nearing 3 hours of play. "12 hours" is some unchecked corporate P.R./B.S. Two of the devices died just past the one year warranty, one prior. The company deemed that average cosmetic wear, such as superficial marks made by the bicycle bottle holders this device was so obviously designed for, overrides their offer of protection and instead offered a coupon which could only be spent at JBL/Harman Kardon's website. That one died in months.

Using the current bluetooth standard and dust-proofing? These so called improvements address none of the problems we face as consumers. Try owning one and attempting to have it repaired. You'll discover no repair centers, not even parts. Your needs will be deflected. Their answer is waste more while JBL / Harman continues the planned obsolescence of your plastic electronic devices. All things considered, rather pricey.

Sep 1, 2021
The waterproofing is still questionable generations later as it seems the weakest point is the port. These devices have chronic charging issues. Once hooked on the sound (for the money*) Samsung will sell you more of the same garbage for slightly less and only if you buy direct. It too will break at about a year. Spending twice, or in my case 4 times as much money would have served me better. Other than a class action suit ;) *save money by spending more on something that will actually sound better and hopefully live longer.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts