JBL ES100 vs Rest of the World

rishisaran

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
:roll: Hi,

I can do with some help. There aren't much comparisons available online for JBL ES100. I would really appreciate if some of you experienced listeners can guide me with my purchase. I am new to HT. Heard these at a friend's home and loved them. However, now that it is time for me to buy my own HT kit, I am wondering if there are any better 4way speakers out there for the same price as these JBLs?

rishisaran

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Big Boss,

Thanks. I will post this today there as well. It will mostly be for music with option for films occasionally. Creating an entertainment room. Budget circa £700 per pair.

Aim is 2 place a pair of floor standing speakers each in front and back of the room. Surround speakers in the centre, pretty much following the layout recommend by Dolby Studio on the Internet.

Plus a centre and 2 subs. Using the full horizontal living space of my detached home but right up in the attic which has given me a big hall if you can see what I mean.

I am stuck with tbe choice of speakers. Once this is taken care of I will then do research on finding the right amp projector etc.,

You don't need to put same speakers at the rear for surround. Smaller speakers are sufficient. Have a budget as a 5.1 system & not as pairs. Also, you'll need an AV receiver so that needs to be factored in as well. What's your budget for the entire system? Are you based in the UK?

rishisaran

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Big Boss. Overall budget circa£2500. It is one big open space hall. The friend at whose place I audiotioned JBL ES 100 suggested this setup after having looked at the size of my to be Entertainment Room. For the size he said that I will be better off with a 7.2 or 9.2 HT system which can be used for listening to music/watching films. Monitor Audio RX8 is the kind of speaker I would like but it is way over my budget. Will let you know about B&W and KEF. Saying that, how are KEF Q700? Also, I live in Leicester.

rishisaran

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Personal preference, Monster RX8, B&W C9/C10 may consider B&W683 (B&WDiamond 803 feels classy but I need to be a millioanaire before I can even think of buying them), KEF R900. Problem is, they each as a pair cost more than my total HT budget. May be in a few years time after I will have more deep pockets.

I guess, budget limitation is what I will face with Klipsch/Polk as well. Is JBL ES100, even though being discontinued, my best bet then?

Forgot to mention, Rear same type will be used as Speakers B, Front same type as Speakers A + Surround (1 pair), Centre and 2 Subs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts