January Sales...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

My Panasonic CRT has finally gone up the spout and I'm venturing into the LCD flatscreen market. I've researched the net and of course What Hi-Fi and come to the conclusion that the Panasonic TX-32LXD700 and
px.gif
TX-26LXD70 my two best options (depending on persuading the missus!).

My question is this:

I have a temporary TV that I am happy to use at the moment. Am I best to wait until January for the sales? Do these higher end sets (in that price range) ever get put in the sales? Also a a sales assistant from a certain high st store warned me that demand will increase in the new year, and therefore prices could rise (though I realise he may have been tempting me to buy now).

Your responses will be greatly appreciated

Dan

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Dan,

Prices are falling all the time, so if you don't have to buy now, it could be worth waiting - though keep an eye out for special deals on your particular choice of set (a lot of retailers have one-week special deals on certain TVs, at all times of the year).

I suspect there will be lots of TV 'bargains' in the January sales, but these are more likely to be old/poorly selling models than huge discounts on top-rated sets.

But then who knows in this industry? With model cycles lasting a year if you're lucky, it only takes one manufacturer to announce a new range and a price-slashing frenzy begins.

Also, if retailers have a poorer than expected Christmas in terms of sales (because of the credit crunch), there may be some stock-dumping in the new year.

As I said, i'd keep your eye open for deals, get her-indoors on-side, and see if you can resist the temptation of all that lovely Christmas TV on a smart new screen....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts