Jamo spring clips and QED Silver Anniversary XT cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I like the look of the new Jamo A407 HCS5 range for a 5.1 system. New on the market - anyone had a listen ?

I want to lay some cable ahead of new carpets etc and was planning to lay some QED silver anniversay XT in prep of my speaker purchase (still to make a final decision). I have seen a few notes on cable thickness and problems with fitting into spring clips. So the big question is:

From what I can see on the Jamo manual, it is spring clips, but it is a drawing and not a photo. I am going to guess other Jamo speakers have the same or similar clips - anyone any advice on connecting speaker cable - and issues with QED Silver Anniversary XT or similar ???

On the other side, is there any (real) difference is just using bare wire to connect into an Onkyo AV receiver (maybe an 875), or should I be looking at some better connector for terminating - and if a big difference, which connector type ???

Many thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If you have speakers with springclips and still want to use relatively thick cable, you could always use speaker pin plugs such as these

, which have 2mm pins instead of the standard 4mm of a normal banana plug.

You can buy them from outlets such as this.

TRENDING THREADS