Jamo C809. Good or not so good???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

Have decided to upgrade my amp and retire the A1 to a second system so will also be thinking about a speaker upgrade. Not entirely sure what amp I will be getting next but will probably be a MF of some sort as i love the MF sound.

I was going to get Monitor Audio RX6 to partner with the A1 but as that is being removed I have been thinking about expanding my options. The Jamo C809 looks like a very nice speaker and is something i would consider but there are next to no reviews for them so would like to know if anyone on here has any views on them??? Also anything else you think I should be considering???

Music I listen to is Jason Mraz, Paolo Nutini, Katie Melua, Pink Floyd, Nine Inch Nails, Aphex Twin...

A

Anonymous

well I am more than happy with mine although I bought them under somewhat unusual circumstances in as much as I work in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia) so my choices were limited.

My initial primary need was for a mid range home theatre set up and they certainly don't disappoint in that role, full of pace and energy. That being said and bearing in mind I'm driving them from a AV amp I don't think they lack too much when used in "stereo mode" Here in Riyadh the cost me the equivalent of 1000 GBP I suspect in the UK they will be a whole lot more so in value for money terms hmmm not sure.

At the end of the day it's a very personal choice but as I said I don't regret the purchase and I plan on trying them out with a more "hi-fi" two channel amp soon.

WHF Five star product when tested as part of a HC speaker package which is effectively what I have although in my set up I have a pair of Jamo C605 as surrounds rather than the dedicated C80 surrounds and with a decent blu-ray DVD sound track wow !!!!!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. They would be used only in a stereo set up and over here they are about 1400-1600 quid so there is alot of competition at that price. Was only asking as my dad has some Jamo D870's and they are really really nice. Just wanted to know how the new Concert series faired. I cant find anywhere to demo them either so may just have to take them off my list. Shame...

A

Anonymous

sorry for the delayed reply I was on holiday but I like my C605's a lot before i had the C809 I used them as a stereo pair and was more than happy with them if that helps

Good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts