J river and Airport Express

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I`ve just downloaded j river media center trial version and want to know if it will work with my airport express. Do I need a plug in or some other software? While I`m at it,what are the settings I should use to get the best sound quality. It will be running under Windows 7 64bit and my other equipment is in my sig. Thanks

SteveR750

basshound:I`ve just downloaded j river media center trial version and want to know if it will work with my airport express. Do I need a plug in or some other software? While I`m at it,what are the settings I should use to get the best sound quality. It will be running under Windows 7 64bit and my other equipment is in my sig. Thanks

These are the main things to try to set up in playback options for J River:

1. set bit depth to 24

2. No resampling (though if you play hi res tracks you might need to configure this, depending on your DAC etc)

3. WASAP event style (if this doesnt work just WASAPI)

4. check the exclusive control of hardware box.

Make sure in windows control panel that ytoiu allow software to gain exclusive control over the hardware.

This should get you close to a bit perfect output, and avoid any background windows audio engines processing the signal on its way.

sorry cant help with the airport express compatibility...

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Been using J river MC 15 for a while and pretty pleased until the last couple of days when it has started to have a 10-15 sec gap when changing tracks.It didn`t do this at first so maybe I`ve changed something,any ideas ?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
basshound:Been using J river MC 15 for a while and pretty pleased until the last couple of days when it has started to have a 10-15 sec gap when changing tracks.It didn`t do this at first so maybe I`ve changed something,any ideas ?

Sounds like you have turned on the buffer.

How's the DAC sounding?

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
basshound:Been using J river MC 15 for a while and pretty pleased until the last couple of days when it has started to have a 10-15 sec gap when changing tracks.It didn`t do this at first so maybe I`ve changed something,any ideas ?

Eventually found what was wrong.It was because I turned on Last.fm scrobbling,as my music network does not have internet access the delay was caused by MC trying to connect to Last.fm and then not being able to.Itunes has a caching system where any scrobbles that can`t be uploaded straight away are saved until you connect to the internet,would be a good feature in MC next update.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts