ITV4 picture quality?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I've been watching a fair bit of the French Open on ITV4 (Freeview, SD). It is me, or is the PQ appalling? all pixelated especially with motion etc.

Other channels seems OK - I'm using a Humax box and Panasonic plasma...

thanks

Rob998

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Been watching the Isle Of Man TT coverage on ITV 4, and some of the helicopter stuff has been a bit rough, but the the rest has been fine, and the super slo-mo stuff is breathtaking. Admittedly the TT programme is a highlights show, rather than live. My set up is nothing special so presumably your problems are down to the original live feed from Les Grenouilles, rather than ITV4??

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
I watched a little of the tennis the other day there on my Pana PX70 (older tv now I know but has a great pic) and it looked just fine.... I looked around and found the same match on Eurosport HD and decided it was better roger06.... I wasn't trying to annoy or anything just in case you thought I was being flipent (not too sure on spelling) with the 'try watching on a different channel comment.'

The tennis did look ok on my tv channel ITV4.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
roger06 said:
Hi

I've been watching a fair bit of the French Open on ITV4 (Freeview, SD). It is me, or is the PQ appalling? all pixelated especially with motion etc.

Other channels seems OK - I'm using a Humax box and Panasonic plasma...

thanks

Well I've been watching it via freesat and to be honest I think the quality is superb.

Okay, not exactly comparing like-with-like with Freeview but I have been mightily impressed. I very, very rarely watch any of the ITV channels apart from sport but totally spot on for me. :clap:

A

Anonymous

Been watching it myself this week on freeview with the tour de France and the picture quality is appalling. Pixellating picture regularly. Worst channel for pic quality on freeview imo. Its not just sport either, i watched a film the other day and that was dire too. It's so bad its borderline unwatchable. I have a ten out of ten for signal strength and a panny tv so its not my hardware.

I agree that the Tour de France has been very dodgy on ITV4 Freeview, though at another house this week using Freesat I have been less aware of the problem.

I did wonder if it was a satellite or live feed issue, given much of the coverage is from a helicopter or motorbike so not exactly studio conditions, but all the same not great viewing quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts