iTunes Album library problem........

ziggy47

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm pretty sure that this subject has been covered before, but here goes anyway...
When I import my CDs to be ripped to my iTunes library, if the album has a track "featuring" another artist, the track is seperated from the main album in the listings.
So how do I ensure all these "lost" tracks are placed with the correct album..?
Any help would be great, thanks Richard.

A

Anonymous

Hi Ziggy, sorry this is no help but I have the same problem and have tried various ways to try and amalgamate the files, alas without success. Its very annoying arrrgh... so I would also be interested

if anyone posts a solution. until then grin and bare it.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
easily solved..... 1) "get info" on one of the tracks that is In the biggest "group" of songs that have imported from a particular album. (Go to File > Get info) 2) copy the name of the artist from the "artist" section of the "info" window. 3) select all of the songs together. I.e. the songs that have imported grouped together and all of the "lost" songs that you refer to. 4) "get info" again for all of the tracks AT THE SAME TIME, and paste the artist name that you copied earlier in to the "album artist" window. 5) press okay. Pour a glass of wine and enjoy!

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
I'm afraid you only have two options:

1. Rip it as a 'compilation' - the setting for this is under the 'Get Info' option.

2. Change Artist name to match the rest of the album.

I've just had this dilemma with Tom Jones 'Reload' album. Every track is 'Tom Jones with....' resulting in 17 seperate album entries in iTunes until I opted for option 1 above.

If it is only a few tracks I normally opt for option 2, and if it is most of the album I go for option 1. It really depends if you want/need to know the 'featured' artist or not as option 2 deletes this info.

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
You can leave the artist tage to include the guest artist, but change the album artist tag to the main performer.

ie:

Artist: Coldplay feat Rhianna

Album Artist: Coldplay

Album: M.....?

All tracks like this will be saved in the same Coldplay album

Similarly for compilations, call the Album Artist : Various Artists and tick the compilation box - but leave the Artist tag as whoever it is = nice and tidy :beer:

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
BillDay66 said:
You can leave the artist tage to include the guest artist, but change the album artist tag to the main performer.

ie:

Artist: Coldplay feat Rhianna

Album Artist: Coldplay

Album: M.....?

All tracks like this will be saved in the same Coldplay album

Similarly for compilations, call the Album Artist : Various Artists and tick the compilation box - but leave the Artist tag as whoever it is = nice and tidy :beer:

I always wondered what Album Artist was for - I will try that, thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts