itunes album artwork problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I've just bought an ipod classic. Put some CDs onto it using itunes to rip the CDs. Initially some of the album artwork was visable on itunes but on the ipod was just black squares (not all-just some). I then wiped the library (leaving files on PC) synced to wipe the ipod and then re-loaded files to itunes library. Now itunes doesn't seem to get any artwork at all but leaves them all with the standard picture of a couple of notes.

Anyone else had this, any idea??

Thanks, dan

A

Anonymous

Hi Dan,

Have you been through the iTunes menus and selected 'get album artwork'?

If so, and it's still not working, it may be to do with the format of your music. Is it all in WAV by any chance?

dryan

Jan 23, 2008
Visit site
Just to add to this, does anyone know of a way to get missing album artwork onto ITunes as nothing worse than having a load of albums with just black squares when you can get the cover artwork on Amazon?

John Duncan

First thing's first. Make sure your albums are titled the same as iTunes - for example when you load them in (especially if you imported them using something else first like media player) they may be identified with a different title - like they may have "(UK Version)" or "(Bonus Tracks)" or "Disc 1" appended - if you remove these you may find iTunes then recognises them. In the case of Disc 1/2 you can go into 'Get Info' and mark the discs as 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 respectively before renaming them. This is equally true of artists, when the album is by Various - if they've been loaded in with the actual artists against the track names, it won't find them.

Secondly, if you have your own artwork, I think you can just drag files onto the empty album cover, though I haven't tried it recently.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="dryan"]
Just to add to this, does anyone know of a way to get missing album artwork onto ITunes as nothing worse than having a load of albums with just black squares when you can get the cover artwork on Amazon?

[/quote]

iTunes>Advanced>Get Missing Artwork

Be prepared for some Apple creativity, though - i've got some corking wrong 'uns in my collection, my favourite of which is The Hives - Hate to Say I Told You So being represented by the Burl Ives Christmas Album.

A

Anonymous

they came back again mysteriouslly. 1 still a black square though. when not available via itunes have found you can just google images for album artwork, download and import into itunes

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"][quote user="dryan"]

[/quote]

Be prepared for some Apple creativity, though - i've got some corking wrong 'uns in my collection, my favourite of which is The Hives - Hate to Say I Told You So being represented by the Burl Ives Christmas Album.

[/quote]

This sure tickled me, thanks for the laugh Clare.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JCR1"][quote user="Clare Newsome"][quote user="dryan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This sure tickled me, thanks for the laugh Clare.
[/quote]
And here it is - makes me smile everytime it flicks onto my iPod or iTunes coverflow view!

A

Anonymous

The best site I've found so far is :-

http://albumart.org/

search for the album/artist then copy the jpeg.

In iTunes highlight the allbum then left mouse click the first track: this will highlight it; Shift left click the last track: this will highlight all the tracks.

Right click within the highlighted area to bring up the menu and select "Get Info"

The window that appears will include amongst others a box entitled "Artwork". Now paste your copied artwork from above into this box and click the "OK"

This will populate all tracks with the album artwork and for those who have a SONOS set up also give you album artwork on the SONOS controller

idc

Just as a little extra, I had problems with artwork not staying with the correct tracks. I found that creating an artwork folder, copying any artwork into it first and then onto itunes helped stop the problem. It also means you have a back up should bugs appear and artwork goes awol again.

TRENDING THREADS