Itube fault.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi to all,

I have an iTube amp + iDock which, has developed a few faults.

Firstly, the blue power led intermittently lights up, nothing I do has an effect on this.

Secondly, the negative terminal for the right hand speaker output cuts out. Gently touching this can make it come back in again but it regularly cuts out or crackles.

Third, the remote eats batteries! They last 2 days at most regardless of brand!?

I've spoken to the retailer and theysaid they'd take it back for repair or replacement but any postage to and from them regardless of the outcome I have to pay, is this correct? I bought it in August last year, less than 12 months ago.

Any ideas on what I can do?

I don't want to pay all that postage, I bought the speaker, dock and amp package and the weight/box size is huge and heavy!

I though I was exmpt from paying for such things as the unit is still within warranty.

*grumble grumble*

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
which itube dock did you buy, are you using the speaker cable that was supplied with your unit or have you replaced the speaker cable for something else - mains cable original?

few things to try - firstly speaker cable if you have changed it i found that the terminals were a bit lose for standard banana plugs and had to widen the prongs on mine out to make a really tight fit and since then no issues at all - in terms of the remote i'm guessing same as mine in which case if you tighten up the screw to much on the back door it stops functioning - are your batteries flat or tightened up to much

the flickering light is more of a worry - is the main cable lose - have you with the unit turned off and down powered give enough time for everything to discharge and try gently removing the tubes and re inserting they pull straight up from memory

did you buy online or in the shop but from some distance away? if the item turns out to be faulty i think all postage costs should be claimed back from the shop, if they test it and it turns out to be not faulty they will prob charge you

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts