Its arrived!!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
The HI CAP 2 has arrived and is plugged in...................................3d soundstage [:D]

More to come with more listening and warm up [:D]

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Started my own "buy before the VAT rise" thing.

THAT IS IT NOW, blooming fantastic sound
emotion-2.gif

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
True Blue:

THAT IS IT NOW, blooming fantastic sound
emotion-2.gif

Yeah yeah, of course it is...
emotion-2.gif

Its great getting new kit isnt it. I am liking the "VAT rise" excuse to, may use that one myself...

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
The "buy before the vat rise" as well as "got a cracking deal on ex dem" and "look what I bought on ebay", have been used extensively in the last six weeks.

Originally it started out as a five year upgrade plan, sort of advanced it just a tad thanks to my interest free credit card.

That is it for now until I pay my credit card off (before the 0% runs out of course)

Nice time to enjoy my system
emotion-2.gif
, buy some music and chill

Then speakers.........................................LOL

scene

Yep, I've been going down the, better to buy before the VAT adds £2.13 on every £100 spent
emotion-8.gif
route and the "it's a bargain", as a result so far I have bought more kit this year than I have in the past five! My credit card is going into meltdown and all I can think of is "The more I spend, the more I save!"
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

I think you have convinced me to buy the Pioneer SC-LX72 now to replace my pioneer VSX-819

I am going to use the reasoning...... At least I am not the only one going into debt over my Av obsession.
emotion-2.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I can only find HICAP listed on the Naim website and not HICAP2.

Is this a new version?

Also you have a NAPSC listed in your system. A quick browse at Naim shows this is to power the NAC-202, so what is the HICAP2 powering?

If the HICAP2 is an upgrade from the NAPSC (to power the NAC202) then what is the NAPSC doing now? (Are you keeping it to power a Naim Headline phono pre-amp in the near future?)

I must sit back and have a cuppa now. All these Naim NIC/NAC/NAP/HICAP/NAPSC names are doing my head in!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Chebby,

For info

The Napsc is "upgrade 1" - this is an 18v supply which provides power to the non signal parts of the Pre Amp such as volume control motor and fascia display. The NAPSC is an optional (essential) upgrade on a 202, it comes bundled in with the 282

When a NAPSC is added the signal power to the pre amp is still fed from the power amp.

Result is an improved seperation and much much clearer sound.

The HICap2 (been called this for around 10years) is "upgrade 2". The HiCap power the Pre amp signal path allowing the power amp to concentrate purely on power. The NAPSC still powers the 18v but the HICAP powers the rest. Dynamics, detail and sounstage are all markedly improved. It also allows the torodial transformers in power amp and power supply to be as far removed physically as possible from the delicate signal path.

All in all job done, sounding lovely.

Now MA GS20's or PMC GB1i or Spendor A5...................................(joking)

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
canada16:

I think you have convinced me to buy the Pioneer SC-LX72 now to replace my pioneer VSX-819

I am going to use the reasoning...... At least I am not the only one going into debt over my Av obsession.
emotion-2.gif

It's not "debt" as such on 0% its just "staggered smart payments", in fact I'm making money by having the money in a high interest account instead.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
JamesOK:

True Blue:"staggered smart payments"

If you dont already TB - you need to work in marketing.
emotion-2.gif

LOL, no I dont work in Marketing, never had, I'm a Marine Engineer
emotion-2.gif

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
glad you scratched that itch TB. take your time on new speakers tho and audition carefully, you could end up with a truely great sound if you get canny now and dont go jumping in to any perceived bargains.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts