Issues recording channel 5

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Sony freeview recorder. It seems that whenever I set it to record a programme, using the EPG, on channel 5, it fails to record.

I have a very good signal strength, and it records all other channels , no problem.

Has anyone else experienced this, or can suggest a reason, solution for it.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
On the face of it, there is no logical reason for this. Is a recording being made? If it is, the timer is working, but the tuner isn't. Is Five tuned in on your recorder, or is it tuned in on the TV (so you can see it) but NOT on the recorder? ÿCan you see Five via the recorder's tuner? ÿCan you make a 'live' recording rather than one with the timer? Sorry if all that sounds very patronising, but I can't think what else you can do!

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Have a look at Matthewpiano's instructions on the 'Watching one, recording another' thread (or was it the other way round?) ÿI think the answer may possibly be there (analogue/digital tuner?).

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply. I have tried all you have suggested, to no avail. I think, for the time being, I will have to resort to setting the timer manually. It seems to work that way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts