Issue with double signal input on Sky

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I have recently joined Sky+ HD however because the main antenna is placed in the communal area of my property I only receive one signal/input hence I can only watch OR record a programme but not at the same time. I have tried with a splitter but the signal only work for one channel/input.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Short of getting your own dish, no. Each tuner on the box needs a separate feed from the LNB on the dish, so if you've only got one feed, you can only watch, or record what you're watching.

daveh75

You can't split a satellite feed!

You'll need to consult with your freeholder/landlord/building management about the possibilty of having the communal system upgraded for twin feeds to your/each property (could be costly depending on the current system and whats required to uprade).

Or the possibility of allowing you to have your own dish (highly unlikely due to planning restrictions and also aesthetics)

Or put up with the limited functionality i'm affraid.

A

Anonymous

I thought there was a more straight-forward way... thanks guys for the replies!

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Isnt there also the possibility of having a stacker/destacker box on a communal system? Sends two signals down the cable then splits them via a box at the house end.

daveh75

JamesOK:Isnt there also the possibility of having a stacker/destacker box on a communal system? Sends two signals down the cable then splits them via a box at the house end.

Yes...

But may require an upgrade of the headend/multiswitch, if there isn't any spare ports on the current setup - Hence my "could be costly depending on the current system and whats required to uprade" comment.

Its also doubly important that the cabling is upto spec,when using stackers/destackers due to way in which they operate - and communal systems,especially if they're old often dont have adequate quality cabling.

A

Anonymous

Which SKY HD box do you have.

I have one of the new terabyte boxes, and in the services menu, there is a setting to use only one feed.

As long as the channels are on the same transponder, I am able to record two channels and watch one whilst recording another. I have not noticed a problem yet...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts