Isotek EVO3 premier power cable - Any oppinions

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,
I am just wondering has anyone tried the Isotek Evo3 premier power cable. How does it compare with the budget chord, kimber power chords. Anyone tried this power cable.
Cheers
Steve.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Ok if you are going to spend money on a power lead,at least buy from a dealer that will offer a refund if you are not happy with it, or do not notice a difference in sound qaulity and picture, that way you will not loose out, IF however you still want to purchase a mains cable then buy it for the build quality, me personally do not have an issue with paying a little more for a quality cable over the supplied ones, but I do not expect any real difference from the cables supplied, but as I said get one with a money back offer.

Clearer Audio are very good Darren is a top bloke, and Mark Grant cables are also execellent both offer money back.... 8)

Be warned though you may get stomped on big time from this freindly lot...... :pray:

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I hope it dosent go down a cable debate. I just want an honest answer with those who have tried the Isotek cable.

Cheers

Steve

kmlav

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying out some Russ Andrews ones at the moment. Firstly I need to say that I am using a everyday mains extension block which all the Hi Fi stuff is plugged into, and obviously they are not the same products.

Unlike some people on here im not in the just use the cheapest bit of tat you can find camp and I really believe in the huge impact cables have on a system.

My honest appraisal is i'm not sure that in my current set up I noticed much difference in the sound. There are times that I do and others that im not sure. A couple of guys have said I need to change my extension block and I have take the advise on board and im saving up for one of the EV03 blocks , but I am going to do a speaker cable upgrade before that so it may be some time

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
stephennic said:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I hope it dosent go down a cable debate. I just want an honest answer with those who have tried the Isotek cable.

Cheers

Steve

It looks like it's only been out about five minutes so the chances of someone having tried it are not great. I thought even advocates of mains cables say any individual cable may do nothing in any particular individual's system, so someone else's subjective assessment is pretty meaningless. Given your involvement on isac69's thread, I'm not convinced about your motives for starting this one.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Please dont judge my motives. I am looking at getting another power chord and the local hifi shop sells that model, so i honestly want to hear from people who have heard that power chord. I have made mistakes buying things that either I hadn't listened to on my system or havent got peoples oppinion first. In Australia we don' have as many choices on cables. I think that model has been out since late 2012.

Have a good day.

Steve.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Questioning, not judging.

You've been on here a long time and you're a cable believer. You know the best advice you'll get is borrow from a dealer and buy if you're happy with it. If this is a local dealer why aren't you doing that?

Having an excellent day thanks, early finish for the first time in months.

T

the record spot

Ask the dealer if you can borrow his demo model (if he has one) over the weekend and on a sale-or-return basis.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

The shop wont let me borrow the cable as I talked to them today about it, hence asking peoples oppinions on that model.

Have a good day.

Cheers

Steve

T

the record spot

Okay, then are you able to return it if you don't like it, or is it a case of you're stuck with it if you buy one?

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
kmlav said:
Unlike some people on here im not in the just use the cheapest bit of tat you can find camp and I really believe in the huge impact cables have on a system.

i can't recall ever seeing a post where somebody advised this. They do say that as long as it is made to a good standard (quality construction) you don't need to go mad.

Or perhaps there really are high grade coopper mines, where the miners have to wear shirt and tie.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
stephennic said:
Hi,

The shop wont let me borrow the cable as I talked to them today about it, hence asking peoples oppinions on that model.

Have a good day.

Cheers

Steve

I'm sure this would have been easier for you to find than me, but there are some quotes from reviews for it here:

http://audiotrends.com.au/IsoTek_EVO3_Premier.html?action=viewProduct&itemId=2064

You should contact them and ask them what their online returns policy is.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
stephennic said:
Hi,

Have a good day.

Cheers

Steve

That's not good....have you spoken to the boss?

Both my dealers are happy to let me try stuff, even though 90% goes back.

BigH said:
I doubt anyone has heard it. £80 for a cable, think I would spend that elsewhere.

I must admit to owning one of these connected to Polaris power block.

I had my reasons. :)

However I am not going to comment on it as such because I have no other items (other than bog-standard power leads) to compare it with.

The Polaris block has suppressed all mains noise (my fridge freezer or possibly the tumble dryer I am informed) that I was experiencing after a room change for my system.

I am not at all sure that the Evo3 power cable on it's own would profer the same benefits.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Alears said:
BigH said:
I doubt anyone has heard it. £80 for a cable, think I would spend that elsewhere.

However I am not going to comment on it as such because I have no other items (other than bog-standard power leads) to compare it with.

The Polaris block has suppressed all mains noise (my fridge freezer or possibly the tumble dryer I am informed) that I was experiencing after a room change for my system.

I am not at all sure that the Evo3 power cable on it's own would profer the same benefits.

Hi,

How did it compare with the bog standard leads you used - thanks.

Cheers

Steve.

stephennic said:
Alears said:
BigH said:

Hi,

How did it compare with the bog standard leads you used - thanks.

Cheers

Steve.

Cant comment on that as I have, as stated above, never used it on it's own.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts