ISF calibration ?

fitzyboy2000

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
I have been looking into ISF calibration, as I am unhappy with the pics on my tv. Recently bought a ps3 and blueray I am not impressed, hopefully it's just setup. Has anyone had this done and is it worth it?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fitzyboy2000"]Will I be wasting my money???[/quote]No, ISF is the best thing you can do to get the most perfect picture out of your screen. And your Pioneer screen is definitely worth it.

A

Anonymous

What are you unhappy about? What films in particular or all of them?

Also the 4280 doesn't have the same calibration options the 428 does.

R

A

Anonymous

[quote user="hifi_nut"]What are you unhappy about? What films in particular or all of them? Also the 4280 doesn't have the same calibration options the 428 does. R[/quote]

Spot on hifi_nut, i dont think the 4280XD supports ISF calibration whereas the slightly more expensive 428XD does. Check out the link below and scroll down then click on technical specifications and then compare it to the 4280XD. The 428XD is ISF Calibration ready.

A

Anonymous

http://www.tlcbroadcast.co.uk/advanced-42inch-kuro-with-digital-dvbt-tuner-5year-warranty-p-129.html

A

Anonymous

Can i just ask exactly what is ISF calibration? I realise it must be some kind of picture optimisation but is it done through software (CD) or is it something you have to get someone who knows to do?

Also, what characteristics does a tv have in order for this? Is it for plasmas & lcds? Where can i check if my tv is suitable for instance?

Sorry for asking what are probably dumb questions, I irritate myself with my lack of knowledge about all this, let alone anyone else!!

fitzyboy2000

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Thanks guys..

So whats the difference between the 4280 and the 428? The screen is ISF ready..

ISF calibration ready:

The ISF C3 (or Custom Calibration Configuration) feature allows your screen to be optimised for your viewing environment. As an optional service, a trained professional can precisely calibrate your plasma panel with customised levels of contrast, tint, colour level and other parameters.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts