ISF calibration for Plasma`s

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought a Panasonic TX P50V10E (live in Holland), lovely plasma, going to let it run in for about a month / 200 hours and then get it calibrated, in THX mode its nearly perfect, in the other modes not quite as good.

Here in Holland quite a few people get their plasma`s/LCD calibrated, its all to do with colour, greyscale, good for the tv, good against burning in (image retention) etc, etc

Had it done on my last plasma, a Pioneer PDP436XDE, still going strong but not in the living room but in the bedroom, funny he!! 50" in the living and a 43" in the bedroom.

Just interested in knowing if many brits calibrate their plasma`s/LCD after a month/200 hours.

Good topic or not?

greetings Steve
emotion-11.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I've calibrated my Pioneer using a SPYDER 3 sensor and some software free of the net

It certainly makes a quite a difference (Especially to tvs that are 'well out' of calibration with their greyscales)

A

Anonymous

I think as a rule the vast majority of people don't. In my case I thought it was criminal to spend £3.8k on a TV and then not spend £250 on having it looking as good as it can (well without using a separate video processor). But if I had bought a £500 TV I personally wouldn't spend another £250 on it just to make it look a bit better.

A

Anonymous

barnsleydave:I think as a rule the vast majority of people don't. In my case I thought it was criminal to spend £3.8k on a TV and then not spend £250 on having it looking as good as it can (well without using a separate video processor). But if I had bought a £500 TV I personally wouldn't spend another £250 on it just to make it look a bit better.

That is exactly what I mean, I bought my V10 for 1650 euro`s, which is not a bad price, but I am hoping towards the end of this month or in the beginning of December forking out another 200/250 euro`s for an ISF calibration. This will ensure that my plasma for at least another 2000 hours / 2 years a spanking good picture. Then maybe another calibration, what a fantastic hobby we have he!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts