Is What Hifi going to review Epos Epic 5? - Has anyone heard them?

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have been reading about the Epos Epic 5 and its being getting good reviews. Is what hifi going to review it. Has anyone else listened to them - what did you think?

Cheers

Steve.

A

Anonymous

I've heard them - once, for a half hour demo session in a shop whilst selecting an amp to go with my Epos Epic 2 standmounts (which the shop didn't have in stock at the time, hence went with the Epic 5 as a compromise). So I've heard them on the end of an Audiolab 8200CD and either an Audiolab 8200A or Creek Evo 2. Difficult to make a direct comparison with my Epic 2 in their normal environment but from memory they shared similar characteristics, which basically means I liked them a lot. Really lovely, natural sound and revealing mid range, with vocals particularly impressive. On the odd occasion that the sales guy was hiking up the volume way beyond that which I'd normally listen, they seemed very happy to pump out good, punchy bass but still clear, detailed, realistic mid/high, with grand piano in particular sounding about as concert-like as I've experienced - not that I've experienced anything much of the "high-end" variety, but to my ears it sounded impressive!

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Philpub,

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like the Epos was quite impressive. I suppose the Epos Epic 5 would of had more bass grunt and would dig a bit deeper than the standmount version (Epic 2) though. Cheers Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts