Is this HDMI lead 1.3 ?

Minigill

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
I have a Chord HDMI cable which I bought in 2006. Would it be 1.3 ?

It says Silver plus on the cable, but I am not sure if there are different versions with the same name.

Thanks
Gill

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Technically there is no such thing as a 1.3 cable. The categories are now speed ratings of cat1 and cat2. If it's a short length cable, don't worry it will pass everything no matter what rating it has been given or tested at. See hdmi.org or bluejeanscables.com for some handy FAQs on hdmi

Minigill

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
So if I connect Blu Ray direct to TV which can accept 1.3 (my other QED lead is 1.3), can I carry on using the Chord to connect the Amp to TV (Sky HD and DVD recorder direct into Amp).

So the lead from the amp to the Tv doesn't need to be 1.3 ?

Minigill

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
d4v3pum4:Technically there is no such thing as a 1.3 cable. The categories are now speed ratings of cat1 and cat2. If it's a short length cable, don't worry it will pass everything no matter what rating it has been given or tested at. See hdmi.org or bluejeanscables.com for some handy FAQs on hdmi

Didn't see your reply before posting another question. Both leads are 1/2m or 1m max. Haven't delved into spaghetti junction for a while.

A

Anonymous

d4v3pum4's on the ball all the cables have the same pinout so it makes no odds at all if the cables 1.3 or 1.2 or even 1.1, As long as the cable has the bandwidth it will be fine! i was using a 1.1 techlink cable until very recently and piping bitsream and deep colour no probs!

A

Anonymous

So there is no advantage to having an HDMI lead that is rated as 1.3? Only asking as I got a new Chord Lo Pro the other day and was thinking of taking it back to get one that is 1.3 rated - but I wasn't sure so this post is very timely!

Thanks

A

Anonymous

only peace of mind! If its a good quality cable you should no problems

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts