Is there to be an upgraded version of Cambridge 650BD?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Noticed in this months mag that the RS ad says numbers limited on this BD player, now I'm not sure whether that refers to the colour finish or product.

Any news out there, this could influence the buying decision?

Thanks

I'm not sure if a player twice the price of the previous generation can really be classed as a replacement. Cambridge Audio is outpricing itself from the competition if that is the case or moving up from mid-range to higher end of the market.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
DavidNorway:i have just bought the 650 at 400 pound to double the price seems really steep 3d or not

Agreed if it is a replacement for the current model, madness in fact.

£400 -£500 is the mark in m any ways

@DavidNorway, how is the 650BD, so torn, want to buy but there are a raft of new models coming up inc the Oppo 93 (top end of the budget), would appreciate your feedback on performance

Thanks

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
@fayeanddavid,i have had the 650 since christmas and im very pleased with it,playing cd on it is really fantastic,sound is really something,playing dvds really good too,would you believe ive not watched a bluray yet as i have none however a friend has lent me avatar so i plan to watch it tonight.i spent months researching a good bd player thats sounds good im not dissapointed

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Would be very interested in your review of Avatar, great test for BluRay, are you connected up via HDMI for sound as well??

Let us all know how it goes, thanks again.

A

Anonymous

OK, just to clarify - the 751BD is NOT a replacement for the 650, but a step-up, 3D alternative.

However, Cambridge says stocks of the 650 are likely to run out before its 6xx replacement (which will also be 3D) appears

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Maybe i was reading it wrong but i took it that the 751BD was a higher end model to the 650 with better audio i.e what the oppo 95 is to the oppo 93.

unfocused

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Tom Parsons:

OK, just to clarify - the 751BD is NOT a replacement for the 650, but a step-up, 3D alternative.

However, Cambridge says stocks of the 650 are likely to run out before its 6xx replacement (which will also be 3D) appears

Unusual marketing by Cambridge Audio - Stop production on the 650 before it's replacement OR new model that's double the price are available. Meanwhile you go into Richer Sounds and ask for a Cambridge Audio Blu-ray player and they say "Sorry, none available" and customer walks out with a Sony or Pioneer player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts