Is there any real sound difference between Yamaha RVX 1800 and RXV 1900

hifianorak

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

There are some really good prices on the outgoing Yamaha RXV 1800 at the moment and I was wondering if sound wise the 1900 is a significant step up .

I appreciate that the 1900 , appears to have better upscaling via anchor bay , usb , remote etc , but sound wise any real difference ?

In which case I might snap up a 1800 .

Any thoughts appreciated ?

Thanks,

Rod

A

Anonymous

Hello matey. Can't really answer your question, but i have an RXV-1800. This replaced my Arcam AVR100, and the step up in sound was incredible. Given the Arcam was £1000 in its day, the Yamaha really blew my socks off. A really cohesive sound giving a great soundstage placing you right in the centre of the action. Really great expressive effects or subtle scores in thrillers, horrors etc. The RXV 1800 is also a breeze to use, and really is the home hub of my cinema set up. A nice touch is also hooking up my i pod to the compatible yds11, with on screen menus and navigation. Like I say, I cant compare it to the RXV1900, but given the price difference, you would be a fool not to demo this machine. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!

hifianorak

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi there ,

Thanks for the info, sounds promising . Well I bite the bullet (in 5.1 ) and decided to go for the 1800 a few days ago . It has arrived safe and sound , but I need to clear some space on my AV rack , before setting it up .

I spoke to Yamaha re the 1800 vs 1900 and apparently they have spruced the sound up a bit . The 1900 now leans toward the 3800 apparently . Hopefully this 1800 is still a solid step up from the 863 and for not much more . It certainly looks the bizness in titanium .

Anyway I paid only £537 for this new , so I consider it a good buy, seeing that it retails at £1k ! Strange that What Hi-fi or Home Cinema Choice never reviewed this , seeing that Yamaha are big guns . When I do finally set it up , I'm sure I will be delighted with it .

Thanks again,

Rod

TRENDING THREADS