Is there a new Spendor S5e?

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I went to the shop over the weekend and I've noticed Spendor speaker (1500£) which looked similiar to Spendor S5e. The guy in the shop said it's a new model but can't find anything online about this..

A

Anonymous

It's the new Spendor A5 I believe. Did you take any pictures?

jules.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
madeinstein:The guy in the shop said it's a new model but can't find anything online about this..

You mean 'the guy in the shop' couldn't tell you what it was or anything about it?

Sounds like the new A5 floorstander to me, which is rather like a bigger SA1.

A

Anonymous

I spent a few hours today listening to Various set-ups and heard the new Spendor A5.....very impressed!

Heard them hooked up to a 8VS2 and CD8X, 8VS2 and CD8SE and also Pre VS with the 8 power and CD8SE.

Then moved onto naim kit and as soon as my ears heard the Nait 5i CD player and amp combo hooked up to Neat motive 2 I was in love!. Will be back next month to purchase!

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
You mean 'the guy in the shop' couldn't tell you what it was or anything about it?

Nope.. He did but I only remembered that it's something with 5 in the name.. When I got home I looked at Spendor website and I found only S5e which looked different thus the question on the forum..

I don't understand this companies.. how difficult is it to update a website.. anyway if anyone is interested I've seen it in Sevenoaks Holborn.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
madeinstein:I went to the shop over the weekend and I've noticed Spendor speaker (1500£) which looked similiar to Spendor S5e. The guy in the shop said it's a new model but can't find anything online about this..It's a very new model, so not much info will be available just yet. As mentioned, they're £1495 and they're the same size as the S5e's, although they do look slightly smaller as they have done away with the large baseplate. The actual spike footprint is larger as they've managed to move the spikes to the edge of the cabinets.

Soundwise, they sounded cleaner than the S5e's, particularly in the bass/midrange section, due to an improved, lighter lower bass driver. They still retain the smoother, more laidback presentation of their predecessor. More when they're released!

A

Anonymous

So how do they compare to the SA1s? Are they of the same ilk or is there to be an SA5?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
This just in from Spendor's Philip Swift:

"Dear Andrew,

That was quick - we only shipped the first production units to our dealers at the end of last week!

"In the next few days I will send you full new product information/specs and photos of the brand new Spendor A5 and A6 loudspeakers - the studio photography was completed on Friday and as soon as I get the final image files I will email it all to you.

"In the meantime I can confirm that the Spendor A5 and A6 loudspeakers are two brand new compact floor standing models with retail prices of £1,495.00 and £1,895.00 respectively.

"The A5 is a 2.5 way system using driver and crossover technology similar to that developed for the new Spendor SA1 and the slightly larger A6 is a 2 way system using some of the technology developed for the up-coming Spendor ST (STatement).

"Spendor A5 has the same cabinet dimensions as the well known Spendor S5e and the A6 has the same dimensions as the S6e - but that is where any resemblance ends .."

A

Anonymous

jules153:It's not what you know but who you knowjules.

ÿWho's jules... do I need to know him?ÿ

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:I don't know.

You clearly both know the wrong people...

A

Anonymous

Octopo:
jules153:It's not what you know but who you knowjules.

ÿWho's jules... do I need to know him?ÿ

People only know me on a 'need to know' basis.

jules.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts