Is the Sony STR-DN1050 a worthy replacement for Onkyo 875?

Qwalme

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I have the Onkyo Sr875 at the moment, paired with Tannoy arena speakers which are great. However, just moved house and the units for TV side are not able to handle the size of the Onkyo. It's a little old and the display has given up (a common fault) so keen to probably replace.

Cost and sizewise, the Sony STR-DN1050 fits my bill but can anyone in the know comment on if there would be a large difference in the sound quality?

Many thanks

Q

Paul.

My 805 display gave out, it was one resistor that needs replacing. Do you know anyone (or are you) competent with a soldering iron? It's a very easy fix.

Even if you don't keep it, it's probably worth £100-150 if you fix it.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Sony STR-DN1060 i believe is now released but other manufactures bringing out new recievers soon, pointless buying now imo, i would wait at least another six months and then decide which amp to buy.

Qwalme

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Cheers for the replies,

I know about the resistor, I actually have them ready to solder in myself but not got around to it. The main problem now is actually having somewhere to put the Amp on the cabinet which is now much smaller in depth than the old house. I'm kinda limited to a depth of about 30-33 cm. The Sony fits into that but I'd like something of the same sound quality of the Onkyo or better, but in a slightly smaller package (the Onkyo is about 43cm)

Q

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts