is the denon blu-ray player worth the xtra money?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi, having got a sony bdps350 blu-ray player which is excellent,is the denon that much better in the hd sound and vision department.it is hard to see that the player could be that much better to notice a big difference in quality then my s350,has anyone bought one recently or compared the 2 players?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Have a look at this thread and this thread. A poster called Gander gets a home trial of the Panasonic BD35 and the Denon 2500BT - basically he has problems with a couple of his discs but actually rates the picture and sound quality much higher on the Denon when he gets it working. There's also another poster called jase fox who has the Denon and has no issues.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We're also testing just about every Blu-ray player in the market for our February issue (out Jan 8th), running through from bargain players such as the Sony right through to the new £1600 Denon DVD-3800BD, explaining what increase in performance you get (or don't get in some cases) as you move up the ranks

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
clown:hi, having got a sony bdps350 blu-ray player which is excellent,is the denon that much better in the hd sound and vision department.it is hard to see that the player could be that much better to notice a big difference in quality then my s350,has anyone bought one recently or compared the 2 players?Yes id say the Denon 2500bt is in a different league entirely than the Sony 350 in terms of PQ & SQ, when i first got the Denon i was totally blown away by it ! & like the Prof says that i havnt had any issues with the Denon unlike Gander & ive watched no end of blurays since ive had this player & up to now all has been well.

However, the bluray that Gander refers to as having problems playing on the Denon (30 days of night) i havnt played on mine yet, i should be hopefully watching it nxt week sometime, i must admit then when the time comes to watch 30 days of night im going to be very aprehensive to say the least, as the denons tray slowly starts to close to load 30 days of night i think ill be saying the lords prayer as its doing so, ha. As if it plays perfectly then my initial thoughts that Ganders player may of had a fault? So we shall see, ill post the outcome of my result in due course, but i feel confident itll be fine (he says)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts