Is the Denon AVR-1611 the best budget buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everybody,

Last weekend i bought a Panasonic TX-PGT30 tv for a very good price.
Now i want to have my own home cinema, so i am currently looking for a good blu-ray player,

a speaker package and offcourse a good receiver. For the blu-ray player i am thinking about the

BDT210 from Panasonic and for the speaker package the Jamo A101 HCS 5.1 set. I think these are safe bets.

Problem is that i know nothing (or virtually nothing) about receivers. Since the Panasonic Tv is 3D i want a

receiver with 3D compatibility. In a few days time i will visit some stores to have a look around. I already saw that some

stores are trying to loose some of their stock Denon AVR-1611's for decent prices. Is this receiver good enough to complement the rest of my system or do i need to upgrade to a better (and more expensive) one??

Please let me know...

A

Anonymous

No one?

My system so far:

- Panasonic TX-P42GT30

Future buys (almost certain):
- Panasonic BDT-210
- Jamo A101 HCS 5.1

Receiver??? Anyone, what is a good addition?
Budget is 300 - 400 pounds...

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
There are a few good buys on the market at this time of year with lots of sales going on.

Have a look at the following, all can be had for less than £400, the Pioneer & Denon for less than £300.

ONKYO TXNR609

YAMAHA RXV671

MARANTZ NR1602 slimline

Denon AVR1912

Pioneer VSX921

Get a demo if possible before purchasing to best match up with your speakers although the amp at the top of the list should work well.

Regards ..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts