• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

is playing guitar is good for your mental health?

gustavowoltmann

Oct 2, 2020
We see playing guitar as a form of mindful escapism, a way to create space between an individual and their busy mind. Guitar-playing is beneficial to your overall well-being and mental health in other ways, too, including helping you develop a greater sense of personal achievement.

What you say about this?

GroeneLeeuw

Nov 4, 2019
It could be, yes! As other things, I´d say. Doing things you like to do is good for you, mental health included.
Unless you get frustrated by the results as setting your expectations too high (as I´m going to be really good at playing guitar and a succesfull musician/artist) and you don´t get there. That might work against you, I suppose.

abacus

Sep 24, 2008
Anything that helps you to focus and gives you a feeling of positivity/achievement will help, so yes, learning to play guitar is one of the many things that can help.

Another option is an arranger keyboard, as this will allow you to sound as if you are playing with a real band which could be even more fulfilling.

Bill

gel

We see playing guitar as a form of mindful escapism, a way to create space between an individual and their busy mind. Guitar-playing is beneficial to your overall well-being and mental health in other ways, too, including helping you develop a greater sense of personal achievement.

What you say about this?
Playing any music or listening to it is good for mental health.

anort3

Dec 8, 2019
I'm wondering why this exact post is on multiple other forums word for word? Some with this name some not. Not a single reply on any of them......

A few.

And here where I expect the spam links that show up will link to.....

gustavowoltmann

Oct 2, 2020
You often hear people refer to an activity or a hobby as an ‘escape’. When you’ve had a long day and nothing seems to be going right, sometimes you need an activity that totally absorbs the mind. For so many people around the world this escape comes in the form of an instrument.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts