is onkyo 505 good enough for quad lite package??

oliver_6146

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
I am writing as i am about to upgrade my system and thinking of the onkyo 505 due to it being slightly smaller than 605 (oak cabinet doesnt leave lot of breathing space for 605) and the advantages of HD sound could be achieved by using the 7 speaker input and dvd decoder.

Is the 505 good enough to do the Quad L-ites justice? Am i right in thinking if get a dvd with decoder i could use the speaker inputs for the same effect?

Any help appreciated as there such a vast choice out there at the minute.

Quad's chosen due their relatively small size and good price of £600. I have the budget to go up to Onkyo 605 but as before i've read it runs v hot and my furniture wont give it much space, the 505 being shorter will have more breathing room.

Thanks for any help

Simon

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="oliver_6146"]
Is the 505 good enough to do the Quad L-ites justice? Am i right in thinking if get a dvd with decoder i could use the speaker inputs for the same effect?[/quote]

Yes. And DVD can be put straight in via optical/electrical digfital, while the multichannel analogue outs from a suitable HD player can be handled by the 505's multichannel inputs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts