Is it worth waiting for V20

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am driving myself mad waiting to buy a new set. THe G20 looks so good and the V20 only has deeper blacks - is it really worth the wait or should I just get what is a brilliant set in the G20. My local retailer sold 8 in the last week which is apparently a high sale for them. It seems everybody has read the reviews!!

Will the blacks make a real world difference even if they are at Kuro levels

John

A

Anonymous

The G20 is a cracking set, if you are happy with it and the price then i would jump at the chance and go for one. In the other hand, if you dont mind paying nearly £200 more over the G20 and go for the V20, then its one of those cases where you will have to wait and see how it performs.

As for the Kuro levels of black, i have been advised that only the 3D VT20 models from Panasonic are the only tv's where they have had the guys from the Kuro team work on.

The V20 has some differences over the G20, such as built in Wi-fi, Metallic slim looking design and the Infinate Black Pro screen.

M

A

Anonymous

huh ??? thats not what ive read , ive been telling everyone on here for months that the v20 carries kuro tech
emotion-10.gif
, can you double check that m ???

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:huh ??? thats not what ive read , ive been telling everyone on here for months that the v20 carries kuro tech
emotion-10.gif
, can you double check that m ???

I was at Panasonic's UK head office last week and asked the question to one of my good contacts over there and that's what he said but what ill do Max is ask for a second opinion from another one of the guys i know over there, it will have to be the Tuesday coming for the answer as Panasonic are closed over the Bank Holidays.

M

A

Anonymous

cheers m , i hope your first contact was wrong , or ill have to delete about 300 posts
emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:cheers m , i hope your first contact was wrong , or ill have to delete about 300 posts
emotion-9.gif

Let's hope he was wrong but at the same time it make's me think that he might be right, if the VT20 was confirmed as the only series of tv's that the Kuro team worked on, then that would mean allot of people would buy it for that reason aswell as 3D, the reason why i think that, is my contact told me that he has seen a VT20 up and running and he said that the standard picture on the tv (that's just watching normal tv, not 3D Sky or 3D blu ray) was the best he has witnessed from a Panasonic 1080p Plasma tv ever and it would sell for that reason over the 3D even though it does it too. So it makes me think if the VT20 is the only Kuro model? will have to wait and see next week Max.

M

A

Anonymous

if you go to you tube , theres a 9 min vid , its an interview with a panny exec , they ask him about the kuro tech , just type in panasonic 2010 range ... also , if you want a laugh , type in panasonic hitler ..

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:if you go to you tube , theres a 9 min vid , its an interview with a panny exec , they ask him about the kuro tech , just type in panasonic 2010 range ... also , if you want a laugh , type in panasonic hitler ..

Even im after the answer to where they have implemented the Kuro team, i watched the other video which is 4 minutes long and the Panasonic guy at CES 2010 kind of confirmed that the 3D model has Kuro tech as the guy asking the questions asked him that the picture on the 3D model looked very similar to a Pioneer where then the Panasonic guy kinda gave the answer away.

So ill have to take a rain check on this question until i speak to my guy at Panasonic next week.

Oh, im just about to search for that Panasonic hitler video now.

M

A

Anonymous

Hahahaha, i have to admit, that hitler video is funny, ill have to show it to some of my colleagues and see what they think ;)

M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts